lokking for cross ref oil filter for snapper nxt, 27 HP B&S

fgerard

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / lokking for cross ref oil filter for snapper nxt, 27 HP B&S
Howdy,

I'm looking for a cross reference for a snapper nxt rider, 27hp B&S engine, 52" cut. Can someone assist?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only easily found, cheap priced one for Briggs is PH3614, it can be found cheaply at WalMart.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would not use a fram on a small engine. They restrict the oil flow to much.
You can cross the fram number over to a wix or a napa gold

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
the Fram I mentioned is an exact/suggested replacement for the standard Briggs tall filter.

You have data to back up your last post?

Just curious......

Supposed to be the wix equivalent as well......

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have heard to many horror stories about fram that I will never use a fram product I have no proof I'm just afraid

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
the Fram I mentioned is an exact/suggested replacement for the standard Briggs tall filter. You have data to back up your last post? Just curious...... Supposed to be the wix equivalent as well......

Anyone who has spent a lot of money to have a engine built knows to not use a fram. A small engine uses a high flow pump not a high pressure just as a v8 Race engine.
Any engine builder will tell you that a fram filter restricts the flow to much they don't even recommend them in a new car.

You can take a Briggs filter number and cross it to any filter you want.

If you want to run a fram use the ph-7 it is a high flow filter and will fit most Briggs.

If fram was any good then racers would use them but none do

itguy08

Threads
Never got the hate on Fram. Unless things have changed, they are the #1 seller of oil filters in the world. So they must be doing something right if they are keeping that title. Are they the best? Nope. Are they good enough? Yep. Would I use one - Yep.

The point is frequent oil changes will do more for your small engines than the best filter in the world. Heck, you could probably run many OPE engines on Extra Virgin Olive Oil and they would still last a long time as long as you changed it frequently.

BTW: I don't use Fram so I have no dog in this fight. I drive a Ford and Motorcraft filters are as cheap as Frams and they are good enough. If I drove something else I'd probably use a Fram.

Just because racers use something doesn't make it good. They typically get their engines rebuilt regularly so it only needs to last a race or 3. And racers use K&N air filters yet it's been documented that while K&N's flow well they also let in lots of fine dust particles which is generally bad for your engine.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, Fram makes filters for all of the small engines, but finding someone that sells them is another story. They carry the ph3614 for many small car applications.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Never got the hate on Fram. Unless things have changed, they are the #1 seller of oil filters in the world. So they must be doing something right if they are keeping that title. Are they the best? Nope. Are they good enough? Yep. Would I use one - Yep. The point is frequent oil changes will do more for your small engines than the best filter in the world. Heck, you could probably run many OPE engines on Extra Virgin Olive Oil and they would still last a long time as long as you changed it frequently. BTW: I don't use Fram so I have no dog in this fight. I drive a Ford and Motorcraft filters are as cheap as Frams and they are good enough. If I drove something else I'd probably use a Fram. Just because racers use something doesn't make it good. They typically get their engines rebuilt regularly so it only needs to last a race or 3. And racers use K&N air filters yet it's been documented that while K&N's flow well they also let in lots of fine dust particles which is generally bad for your engine.
Motorcraft is about the best filter you can get for a car.

K$N air filters only let in dust particles if you do not use them as the instructions recommend. We run them on the dirt track cars and clean and oil them as you should and like with most small engine filters you use a pre filter.

I will bet that 90% of the mower owners on here do not clean and oil the pre filter on their mowers.

And spraying it with wd-40 does not count as it is not a oil

If your $40.000 race engine only last 3 races then find I new builder. I have 16 on mine and still have 14:1 comp.

itguy08

Threads
K$N air filters only let in dust particles if you do not use them as the instructions recommend. We run them on the dirt track cars and clean and oil them as you should and like with most small engine filters you use a pre filter.

It has nothing to do with oiling it - it's the way the filter is designed and K&N does let in more dirt:

K&N Air Filter Review - Debunking the Myths (and why OEM is better)

Now whether or not that dirt will make a difference, I don't know but I'd want the least amount of dirt in my car engine.

I will bet that 90% of the mower owners on here do not clean and oil the pre filter on their mowers.

Agree - probably most don't even touch the foam filter. :)

If your $40.000 race engine only last 3 races then find I new builder. I have 16 on mine and still have 14:1 comp.

True - I was thinking along the lines of NASCAR, NHRA, etc where they rebuild quite frequently and perhaps after every race.