Lifetime Deck warranty is not hhhhonored

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly as others have said , but I will say it again
The warranty covers defects in materials &/or assembly so it covers the steel failing , a weld failing, a weld not being there, missing parts or bracket welded in the wrong position
All if these would manifest themselves in the first few hours of use
It does not cover misuse , abuse or failure to carry out proper maintenance
Next , lifetime is a meaningless term.
Legally it would mean the design service life and that would be for the shortest major part.
So if the transmission has a designed service life of 1000 hours ( K46 for example ) then 1000 hours is the life time of the mower.
If you payed extra for the extended warranty then you have been legally scammed .

Now as to your deck.
That is not a sudden failure
That crack has been there for a very long time slowly growing longer , you just failed to notice it till leaves & clippings started to stream out of it .
It was caused by excessive vibrations and excessive vibrations are a user abuse situation because they originate from some thing being out of balance which is usually a bent , broken or very dull blade .

If the mower was serviced by a competiant technician then they would have noticed the excessive vibrations and corrected the situation
If you have done your own servicing and have failed to notice the excessive vibrations then that is not Husqvarna's fault that is your fault for trying to do some thing you do not have the knowledge or experience to do .
FWIW I have just replaced an engine on a mower where the customer thought maintaining his mower was just a case of installing a maintenance kit annually so his ignorance just cost him $ 3500 .

Any reasonable welder can patch that deck then you need to paint it on the top .
After that you need to work out what is causing the vibrations and correct that
I could fairly safely bet that the holes in the mounting arms have been flogged out oval as well.

Sorry to hear about your failed deck but it is not Husqvarna's problem it is yours
You can spend another $ 2,000 and have a metallurgical inspecting & testing company do a report on it .
However I am fairly sure it will just confirm what I have said .
I did this sort of stuff after graduating as a metallurgist back in 72 .
It was extremely rare to come across a failure due to materials faults other than a lower grade of material being used.
However in your case there are two ( if not more ) cheaper variations of that mower made fr other brands that use cheaper & thinner steel for the deck pressing so again it will come down to owner abuse .

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The warranty covers defects in materials &/or assembly so it covers the steel failing , a weld failing, a weld not being there, missing parts or bracket welded in the wrong position
Legally it would mean the design service life and that would be for the shortest major part.
So if the transmission has a designed service life of 1000 hours ( K46 for example ) then 1000 hours is the life time of the mower.
If you payed extra for the extended warranty then you have been legally scammed .

Now as to your deck.
That crack has been there for a very long time slowly growing longer , you just failed to notice it till leaves & clippings started to stream out of it .
It was caused by excessive vibrations and excessive vibrations are a user abuse situation because they originate from some thing being out of balance which is usually a bent , broken or very dull blade .

If the mower was serviced by a competiant technician then they would have noticed the excessive vibrations and corrected the situation
If you have done your own servicing and have failed to notice the excessive vibrations then that is not Husqvarna's fault that is your fault for trying to do some thing you do not have the knowledge or experience to do .
FWIW I have just replaced an engine on a mower where the customer thought maintaining his mower was just a case of installing a maintenance kit annually so his ignorance just cost him $ 3500 .

Any reasonable welder can patch that deck then you need to paint it on the top .
I could fairly safely bet that the holes in the mounting arms have been flogged out oval as well.

Sorry to hear about your failed deck but it is not Husqvarna's problem it is yours
You can spend another $ 2,000 and have a metallurgical inspecting & testing company do a report on it .
It was extremely rare to come across a failure due to materials faults other than a lower grade of material being used.
However in your case there are two ( if not more ) cheaper variations of that mower made fr other brands that use cheaper & thinner steel for the deck pressing so again it will come down to owner abuse .
Husqvarna lifetime warranty is 10 years with parts only after 2 years. So the OP would of still been on the hook for the labor if they had covered the deck.

strohmoose

Threads
One of many reasons that I will not buy new equipment. My Dixie Chopper is Almost 20 years old and is made 10 times stronger than the new crap! I maintain it and it has been good for me.

strohmoose

Threads

Now as to your deck.

It is so sad that most of the comments are derogatory to the commentator and with endless defense of equipment manufacturers. I hope that this is a case of manufacturers fault because it is so rare that they accept responsibility!

strohmoose

Threads
Husqvarna lifetime warranty is 10 years with parts only after 2 years. So the OP would of still been on the hook for the labor if they had covered the deck.
Another good reason to buy used from a private owner and learn to maintain the equipment yourself!

GentlemanFahmah

Threads
The good news is that that is a straight forward and easy 1 hour repair by a competent welder. It looks more to me like most likely there was some deck failure around the rear wheel and then contact with a solid object peeled it open like a can opener. I can see why Husqy would decline warranty as by appearances, the damage showing now is not weld failure as that section of the peeled open deck is not welded. Maybe around the rear deck wheel there was an issue initially, but that's a lot more now.

Just pull the deck and take it to a welding shop and they will build it bigger stronger better for short money.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It also fail because the support structure is missing allow the deck housing to constantly flex causing the failure see in the image.
1643214887063.png

upupandaway

Threads
Like I always say about warranties. They are not worth the paper they are printed. They written by lawyers so the company doesn't have to cover anything. All hype and no substance.
The 1 time I bought new was an Echo Hedge trimmer. They live up to your statement as they (store and echo support) point out I was responsible for labor. A friend and his echo blower had the same experience. It is cheaper to just buy the part and replace it myself. Good sales trick.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We can only call them as we see them and then give our opinion based on our experience and knowledge. If you have been around this forum for any length of time you would know that the techs who have replied to this thread have thousands of hours working on equipment and know a little about what we are talking about. In most cases we can go on and on about customers who have units worse than this and still think they deserve compensation. We don’t consistently back anyone, especially dealers or manufacturers. In this case it is very easy to see that the cause of the problem is customer abuse in the eyes of any trained mechanic. All of us have seen this more than once, so don’t expect us to back the customer on this one. If you feel that the customer should receive compensation for this problem, you’ll never get a job in this industry, but I’m sure the poster would gladly accept any monetary help you wish to offer.

Gord Baker

Threads
That indications around the Spindle may be just shadows. Get it professionally Welded and send some hate mail to Husqvarna If you feel it is a legit claim. Lots of photos from both sides of the deck.