Export thread

Life is A circle

jekjr

jekjr

You know it is funny how life is a circle. I got my first mower when I was 10 years old. I am 55 now. It was a 22" push mower with a 3 hp Briggs on it. Paid $42 for it at TG&Y. I worked 22 years in the Pulp and Paper industry as a Maint Mech. Have been in various other things over the years and pastor a small country church in South Alabama. Needing some more income I find myself back starting up a grass cutting business in the same town I started in 45 years ago. I bought a Kubota ZG 222, 8' Lone Wolf Trailer, Cub Cadet trimmer, and Poulan Pro Blower the first week in Aug of this year and have not looked back. Wish I had started back cutting grass 5 years ago.

Parkmower

Parkmower

Good stuff. Keep cutting, it's how I find my zen.

M

mikosiko

Inspiring!! Very good post :wink:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Good stuff. Keep cutting, it's how I find my zen.

Same here....I get a lot of time to just think and relax. But I can't get too relaxed or else I would run over something with the mower! :laughing:

metz12

metz12

i look forward to doing lawns with my rider. it helps me think and clear my mind. but when i do a lawn with a push mower, all i think is "im thirsty or oh my god i have that much more of the lawn to do? and i still have to trim? ughh!":laughing: since it gets pretty hot in the summer and i hate the heat hahahha

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

i look forward to doing lawns with my rider. it helps me think and clear my mind. but when i do a lawn with a push mower, all i think is "im thirsty or oh my god i have that much more of the lawn to do? and i still have to trim? ughh!":laughing: since it gets pretty hot in the summer and i hate the heat hahahha

So you would not want to be me, huh? (Where the only mower I have is a "push" mower.) Summer heat.....push mower.......does it send chills down your spine? :laughing:

metz12

metz12

So you would not want to be me, huh? (Where the only mower I have is a "push" mower.) Summer heat.....push mower.......does it send chills down your spine? :laughing:

well uhh, yeah. but yours is a self propelled mower! you cheat! mine you literally HAVE TO PUSH!:laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

well uhh, yeah. but yours is a self propelled mower! you cheat! mine you literally HAVE TO PUSH!:laughing:
Oooohhh, yeah....I wouldn't like that!

metz12

metz12

Oooohhh, yeah....I wouldn't like that!

i got it for free so what do you expect? :laughing: but alot of my equipment i got for free. exept my husqvarna 345 and my weed eater blower.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

i got it for free so what do you expect? :laughing: but alot of my equipment i got for free. exept my husqvarna 345 and my weed eater blower.

I wish I could get a lot of my equipment for free....I always look at/after yard sales to see if there are any free mowers that I could use as backup mowers. So far I have not gotten lucky. I only saw a Craftsman PUSH lawn mower. :frown:

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Getting free equipment is nice. Last year I got a free weed whacker from one of my customers neighbors. I was mowing and the guy just came over and asked if I wanted it. I brought it home and put in new gas lines and it ran fine for a while. I also got a free craftsman rider from a customer. I just cleaned it up changed the oil and oil filter and air filter, out new gas in and charged the battery and it started up and runs great now. It also has a nice 3 bag bagger.

Carscw

Carscw

I love push mowing I can walk for hours behind my snapper. You would think with all that walking I would not weigh 245.

I have a back yard full of free riding mowers. Every time I come home with one makes my wife more mad. Every time I can use a part off of one I make sure and tell her how much I saved.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

metz12

metz12

I love push mowing I can walk for hours behind my snapper. You would think with all that walking I would not weigh 245.

I have a back yard full of free riding mowers. Every time I come home with one makes my wife more mad. Every time I can use a part off of one I make sure and tell her how much I saved.

thats how one of my customers is with trucks. he probably has 25-30 chevys out back. i get parts from him for my truck all the time

Ric

Ric

i got it for free so what do you expect? :laughing: but alot of my equipment i got for free. except my husqvarna 345 and my weed eater blower.

Hey the one thing you can say about those old push mowers you really had to push is they lasted for years and didn't weigh anything like these new mowers. I had one I bought from K-Mart and you couldn't kill the thing.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I had one I bought from K-Mart and you couldn't kill the thing.

That proves how well things were made "back in the day". Now if you bought a mower for K-Mart (if they even sold them), they probably wouldn't last a year!

Carscw

Carscw

That proves how well things were made "back in the day". Now if you bought a mower for K-Mart (if they even sold them), they probably wouldn't last a year!

You can buy a mower a K-mart. It's called a craftsman

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

You can buy a mower a K-mart. It's called a craftsman

Oh, yeah....you can buy mowers there. :ashamed: I didn't realize that. Along with Craftsman, they also sell Weedater mowers.
Lawn & Garden | Buy Lawn Mowers and more from Kmart.com

Carscw

Carscw

Sears owns k-mart

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Sears owns k-mart

Oh, you learn something new everyday.

metz12

metz12

Oh, you learn something new everyday.

the guy i got it from has had the thing i think since 1996. and the thing still starts with 1 pull.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

and the thing still starts with 1 pull.

WOW that's nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup: