Liberty Z Drive Belt Issue - Crazy!

Honda Tech

Threads
Weekend Warrior2000 - What is your serial number?

OldSeaWhiskers61

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had this issue one time. It destroyed one of the hydro fans.
I have tried and tried to remove the nut holding the hydro fan in place, but it is so tight and jammed I can not get it off.
I heated it, and busted my knuckles trying to get it off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Honda Tech

Threads
I had this issue one time. It destroyed one of the hydro fans.
I have tried and tried to remove the nut holding the hydro fan in place, but it is so tight and jammed I can not get it off.
I heated it, and busted my knuckles trying to get it off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Get yourself a good cordless impact driver. You won't regret it!

Honda Tech

Threads
Make sure the drive and driven pulleys are aligned. This is a constant tension system, but if you have sticks and pinecones in the yard, they can pop up and derail the belt.

Richard E

Forum Newbie
Threads
I realize this is an older thread.... but I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday, belt came off and sliced through that plastic fan. Mower wouldn’t go anywhere. Purchased my mower in 2017 and this is the first time it happened.

Has anyone discovered more about this issue? Obviously it’s happening to multiple machines, mine is a 2017 Liberty Z 48”. Is this warrantied? If not, a fix that can be done DIY, or highly complicated? Thanks!
I have a 2017 Liberty Z 48" and have had the same problem three times. The first two times were in the first year and under warranty. Just happened again yesterday 7/5/21 and dealer says I'll have to pay for any repairs and pay for pick up and delivery, $158.00 each way. This sounds like an alignment issue or a design flaw. I like the mower when its running but with this repeating problem I would not recommend this mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The usual reason for the pulleys getting out of alignment is the bracing straps between the hydro units coming loose or even cracking along the welds .
Because they are stand alone units left & right they tend to spread apart