Blades Leveling front to back on 48" Mower Deck With Gator G6 Blades (396-732)

spunky50

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Leveling front to back on 48" Mower Deck With Gator G6 Blades (396-732)
I know what the owners manual indicates the deck pitch front to back (between 1/8" and 3/8"), but does anybody know what and if there is a certain pitch that is better for the Gator G6 Blades (396-732). The Mower I have is a John Deere LX188 with a 48" mowing deck.
The Gator G6 blades seem to leave stragglers in the lawn, even when going slow. Ir ia nor even really tall thick grass. I Know that the Gator G6's (396-732) I have seem to dip down diagonally. Would this account for the stragglers in the lawn?
This also might seem like a wierd queston, but would the blades (396-732) work best if the diagonal cutting edge is paralell to the flat surface that I balance the mower deck on?
Thanks for replies in advance.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have had the same trouble and if you drop the deck down a little and cut the grass shorter they do a better job

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

spunky50

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had the same trouble and if you drop the deck down a little and cut the grass shorter they do a better job

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Thank's for your reply, but I still want to see if I can possibly resolve the problem another way if possible. My blades are already set at about 2 3/4" and if I go any lower I will end up hitting a lot of mole tunnels which will end up dulling the blades prematurely.