Lawnflite ride on mower belt drive

Gord Baker

Threads
There are Deck belts which run the blades and Drive belt which move the machine. I suspect that one or more of your Deck Spindles has seized or the wrong length belt. Your photos seem to show the Deck Belt. The Drive belts is routed along with 2 Idler pulleys. It may appear to be backwards on the pulleys or one of those pulleys is seized. Unlikely. Make sure everything that needs to turn will turn. Your manual should show belt routing.

Threads
A new drive belt was fitted to my Lawn flite ride on mower. However when drive is engaged the mower starts to smoke. Is this because the belt is too tight ? If so how do you adjust the belt,
or is it some other problem , in which case what & how do you fix it ? The mower is the UK form so access is more difficult, than the USA version.
Check the routing of the belt. Many times an idler pulley or even the main pulley on the bottom of the engine, there will be a bolt or bar next to the pulley to keep the belt from jumping off the pulley. If it's in a place that's hard to see, you might have put the belt on the outside of the bolt or bar that keeps the belt on the pulley. If you have this situation, when you turn your pto, your belt will ride on the bolt or bar, instead of the pulley, and you will smoke a belt in a hurry !! Make sure your belt is on all of your pulleys. I hope this helps .

kjonxx

Threads
a closup of rear drive pic would help, belt route looks odd but too small to tell

Cajun power

Threads
troubleshooting:

1. make sure the belt is actually the right size...right length, correct width. take the old belt and set it next to new belt...they should be identical. Sometimes you order something and the wrong item is shipped..it happens.
2. if the old belt was worn out, maybe it is because there was a reason it was worn out?...look for a locked up belt tensioner, or a spindle that is locked up or bad corrosion that has made the bearings worn out and hard to rotate. Also look for any debris, like something wrapped around spindles, pulleys, pto's. or sticks and branches...or rope or plastic baggies, ...
3. on one of my mowers, the blade belt tensioner pulley has a spring and it would frequently put off. The first time I reattached the spring to the tensioner, I assumed it went into a nearby hole. And it did, but the spring had to be oriented in just a certain way into that hole so it would not touch the belt, so the belt was smoking off the belt tensioner spring. Make sure the blade belt tensioner spring is attached correctly and is not interfering with the blade belt.

barny57

Threads
A new drive belt was fitted to my Lawn flite ride on mower. However when drive is engaged the mower starts to smoke. Is this because the belt is too tight ? If so how do you adjust the belt,
or is it some other problem , in which case what & how do you fix it ? The mower is the UK form so access is more difficult, than the USA version.

barny57

Threads
Either the wrong belt, or you got it on the spring tension or wrong or you got a deck bearing out