Lady bug swarms

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am amazed to read about biting lady bugs (or ladybirds as we know them). It's interesting how the same thing can be fine in one country and not another. Mozzies are the same I think, some carrying disease and some not. I would have a hard time killing a ladybug.

They are considered a "beneficial" insect...
You can buy them by the thousand... see this site... Ladybugs
They are very welcome in AG crops and are a better than chemical barrier in your garden...
I also... " would have a hard time killing a ladybug." ... :smile:KennyV

Watch the videos and you will find about Aphids ... Poo and Lady Bugs... :thumbsup:
YouTube - Ladybug Aphid Rose part 1.mov
YouTube - Ladybug Aphid Rose part 3.mov

grnspot110

Threads
They are considered a "beneficial" insect...
You can buy them by the thousand... see this site... Ladybugs
They are very welcome in AG crops and are a better than chemical barrier in your garden...
I also... " would have a hard time killing a ladybug." ... :smile:KennyV

Watch the videos and you will find about Aphids ... Poo and Lady Bugs... :thumbsup:
YouTube - Ladybug Aphid Rose part 1.mov
YouTube - Ladybug Aphid Rose part 3.mov

These are not the old standard "beneficial" lady bugs! These are an oriental import that look similar to the old standard lady bug, but they are a nuisance! They stink, they bite, and this time of year they are looking for a warm place to hibernate for the winter. ~~ grnspot110

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
They stink, they bite, and this time of year they are looking for a warm place to hibernate for the winter. ~~ grnspot110

this is the description of the Asian Lady Bug... it is the same one, there are variations, but they are all the same... they eat Aphids, are bright colors and they have a bad smell if you squish them... the last two things are part of their defensive system...
and this time of year it's the end for most... You will see lots of them, usually attracted to light colors, and running out of food.. (not a lot of Aphids around).... If you do not have a lot of them next spring/summer you can order some in... they will look smell and behave this same way next fall...
After the temperatures drop and they really have nothing to eat you will not see them.. :smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
This time of year we are swarmed with flies and ladybugs in our cottage, it looks like a scene from a horror movie there are so many.