Kubota Z421 Kawasaki FS730V Starting problems

gggbowhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kubota Z421
Kawasaki FS730V will run for 10-15 seconds (white smoke)and shuts down and will not restart till next day. Changed plugs and fuel filter, getting fuel to the carburetor.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Air filter check? Always use OEM Kawasaki Parts. Have you removed blower housing & cleaned engine of dirt on cooling fins etc? See troubleshooting section in manual above. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark
Check engine compression : auto parts stores loan compression gauge for a deposit that you get back in full upon return, google: how to check compression on Kawasaki FS730V engine.

Last edited:

gggbowhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Air filter check? Always use OEM Kawasaki Parts. Have you removed blower housing & cleaned engine of dirt on cooling fins etc? See troubleshooting section in manual above. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark
Yes new OEM air filter and everything is cleaned,

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check engine compression : auto parts stores loan compression gauge for a deposit that you get back in full upon return, google: how to check compression on Kawasaki FS730V engine.
That link should not work unless you have logged in as a dealer
When the new site was launched it was like that so if you want to access the manual in future download it as eventually some shinny bum will notice there is public access and "fix it ".
Also with the parts look up it only shows engine numbers that were available in OZ so if your exact spec does not show up you might need to log into the USA site .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Or the EU site.

But I will temporary upload the file to my file server and then it will taken down in a week as storage is at a premium currently.

FS730V Service Manual

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Or the EU site.

But I will temporary upload the file to my file server and then it will taken down in a week as storage is at a premium currently.

FS730V Service Manual
FWIW we use SendSpace a lot for file transfer
The file sits there for 14 days then is overwritten
We use it distribute on line magazines for some motorcycle clubs where the file ends up being bigger than 30Mb which is the email limit for most servers down here .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I was surprised how quickly I fill 30 gigs of off site storage with service manuals. That for backup of the local stuff.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having needed to evacuate 4 times for floods & 2 times for bushfires I radically changed my IT
So now all computers run off external SSD's with an external HD as data back up
Thus evacuations is nothing more than putting 6 drives into a bag
Australia has the worst most expensive internet on the entire planet so backing up onto any "cloud" server is a fools errand as it gobbles up data allowences very quickly and excess data costs are astronomical
Most ISP BS with "unlimited data" which is true, but what they do not say is over X Gb your connection speed gets throttled and some will choke it back as far as 128 Kb/s
Then there is "peak hours " which for some is 6am to 2am ie 20 hours of peak & 4 hour of off peak
Most ISP sell X Gb but that X GB/m is A Gb of peak & B Gb of off peak
So a 100 Gb/ m can have as little as 10Gb of peak hour use & 90Gb of off peak .
The NBN was supposed to deliver 10Gb/S connections to the entire country but in reality less than 5 % of the country can actually get anything over 20Mb/s regardless of what bandwith your pay for .
We were supposed to get fibre to the door so it would be a do it once & forget about it for the next 100 years but like climate pollution it became a political left vs right proposal so when the right got in they sabotaged the system so only the well healed got fibre connections , 30% of the remaining got the modem racks moved from the phone exchanges to a curb side box that needs 240 V power supply to work, suffers badly from RF interference and is totally unreliable when needed most like in floods & bushfires .
The remaining 60% got HF cable ( using the old cable TV network ) or satalite which would be fine if there was more than 5 to connect to & you have a bank balance like Elon Must to pay for it .
I consider myself lucky when I get any better than 2 Mb/s connection and that connection remains for any better than an hour
Apart from lawnmowers, Australians are the most stupid people on the planet .

Last edited: