Kubota z125

Kwoods

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, i’m new to the forum so please bear with me. While cutting today, my mower came to an abrupt halt almost as if I hit something and I immediately could smell rubber from the drive belt. I assumed that the belt had broken but when I inspected the belt, it was intact and seemed to have proper tension. I got back on the mower and it would not start. the solenoid will click loudly but would not engage the starter at all. I tested battery and it shows 12.7v. I disengaged the trans on each wheel and pulled the mower back to my house. I noticed that the right rear wheel was much tighter And did not spin as easily as the left because it was pulling hard right as I towed it and you could see where it was dragging as I crossed a gravel drive. I pulled the top cover and was able to turn the flywheel so i’m assuming the engine didn’t seize? the mower is 5 years old with only 300 hours and has been regularly maintenanced. not sure if my starter is bad and if so, could that in any way be related to my mower abruptly coming to a halt? It stopped so suddenly that I lunged forward, again as if I hit something? Thanks for any help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try to turn the engine over by hand.
The engine may be siezed
The flywheel may have come loose so the starter is spinning the flywheel but it is not spinning the engine

As for the towing you will probably find the brake is locked on.
When that happens the diff locks so one wheel will turn forward & the other will turn backwards

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remove the belt and try to start the engine. You need to figure out if it is an engine problem or hydro drive problem.

lugbolt

Threads
HST belt is probably jammed between a pulley and it's bracket, this usually happens at the idler assembly. The usual cause is junk that gets stuck in the engine pulley, causes belt to vibrate, then it pops off of one of the two idlers. Kubota has a kit to fix this once and for all, and best of all, they were paying for it (I left the dealer in September, so you'd be wise to ask them about the "recall" on hst belt coming off frequently).