kohler k341 doesnt start .

kemp1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a wheelhorse c 165 mower and it hasn't started lately . I sprayed some gas in the the carburetor and it backfired and shot flames out the carburetor . Valves seem to be ok . Any help would be appreciated ..

briggs

Threads
Hi I have a wheelhorse c 165 mower and it hasn't started lately . I sprayed some gas in the the carburetor and it backfired and shot flames out the carburetor . Valves seem to be ok . Any help would be appreciated ..

the only 2 things that come to mind to make it back fire is timing (flywheel key ) or a valve not closing proper

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That engine has points and condenser. The point gap sets the timing. I have found on that engine that the point plunger will wear down and the points wouldn't open to proper gap. This will cause the back firing.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Check the points,if you haven't serviced them in a while,just put New points in,set the gap and it'll probably fire right up.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you replace the points then go ahead replace the condenser also. I always replace both at the same time.

kemp1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The points are gapped right although I've never replaced them . A friend of mine thinks I should replace the carb.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The points are gapped right although I've never replaced them . A friend of mine thinks I should replace the carb.

Don't just start replacing parts fix the problem. What would you say if you brought this into a repair shop and they just started to replacing parts till it was repaired.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, you might replace the plug first. Clean/re-adjust the points next, and check and adjust valves next.

kemp1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thanks everybody . I'm gonna start with the flywheel key and points tonight . I'll update later.