Kohler engine CV15T rectifier

avtuvy

Threads
so starr it seems kohler backed me up. ive only been doing this 48 years, wtf do i know . also you may want to read sb-174. you will read voltage but it wont power anything. and as i kept saying if it has no battery but never got an answer back
Where can I find sb-174?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
so starr it seems kohler backed me up. ive only been doing this 48 years, wtf do i know . also you may want to read sb-174
Well maybe they should keep their IPLs updated then with the correct info. Also these regulators do work with a battery not present as some changes apparently has been made the last 30 yrs.

But I can only go by the info Kohler provides in their IPLs. If an engine is spec to JD specs than then Kohler should be providing the correct info. And personally do know voltage regulators can be setup to self regulate without a load present or at least that is how my 12V 15amp power supply I built does.I personally also not seen the internal schematic of the Kohler voltage regulators so I don't if they got foldback current regulation or or remote voltage sensing.

Where can I find sb-174?
1624478512605.png

avtuvy

Threads
Well maybe they should keep their IPLs updated then with the correct info. Also these regulators do work with a battery not present as some changes apparently has been made the last 30 yrs.

But I can only go by the info Kohler provides in their IPLs. If an engine is spec to JD specs than then Kohler should be providing the correct info. And personally do know voltage regulators can be setup to self regulate without a load present or at least that is how my 12V 15amp power supply I built does.I personally also not seen the internal schematic of the Kohler voltage regulators so I don't if they got foldback current regulation or or remote voltage sensing.

View attachment 57119
Thank you

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
so starr it seems kohler backed me up. ive only been doing this 48 years, wtf do i know . also you may want to read sb-174. you will read voltage but it wont power anything. and as i kept saying if it has no battery but never got an answer back
Also while on the subject Kohler support they are wishy washy on things. First they said a two coils were under warrany and all I had to do just the engine model and serial number along with the bad parts to get them made up. Then when I tried several dealers they all refused to honor Kohler rep word. Then I call back to Kohler about getting them made directly they it the dealers decision if they wanted to honor Kohler's word. Well I not carrying a ZTR in from my shop to their just so they charge me diagnostic fee when I how the parts were bad. I discuss it with the customer and we both agree to buy the fail coils which I provided at cost. Since this problem with Kohler lying to me I refuse to buy anything else from the local dealers nor send any referrals.

avtuvy

Threads
Also while on the subject Kohler support they are wishy washy on things. First they said a two coils were under warrany and all I had to do just the engine model and serial number along with the bad parts to get them made up. Then when I tried several dealers they all refused to honor Kohler rep word. Then I call back to Kohler about getting them made directly they it the dealers decision if they wanted to honor Kohler's word. Well I not carrying a ZTR in from my shop to their just so they charge me diagnostic fee when I how the parts were bad. I discuss it with the customer and we both agree to buy the fail coils which I provided at cost. Since this problem with Kohler lying to me I refuse to buy anything else from the local dealers nor send any referrals.
I was pleasantly surprised from their customer support, I sent a message through their web site and the next day I had a response, I corresponded with the customer service rep via email during the day with at least 10 messages going between us.