Kohler Command CV15S-41562; Voltage regulator and ground wire made contact and something blew

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Kohler Command CV15S-41562; Voltage regulator and ground wire made contact and something blew
The circled area in your picture could be the fusible link and if so will blow like a fuse and you won't have power past that point. I would replace were the two wires connect with a fuse and then connect the other side of the fuse to the Battery side of the starter solenoid.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Kohler Command CV15S-41562; Voltage regulator and ground wire made contact and something blew
Hope that butt splice wire doesn't have to carry a lot of current. I would run a new wire of equal gauge or larger copper. Could be a fusible link like the others suggested.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A Fuseable link is nothing more than a wire that is lighter gauge than all of the rest of the loom so it melts before the other wires in the case of a dead short .
It is better than a fuse because a momnetary heavy load will not blow it .
You will need to replace the entire wire from the key switch through to the battery wire on the solenoid because it can burn through in more places than one.
The last one of those I replaced, I ran a fresh fused wire from the key switch directly to the battery as it is closer and made for a tidier loom as I could leave the remains of the original fuseable link wrapped up in the loom and cable tie the new wire to the outside.
If you look around, you can get clip on fuse holders and clip it onto the side of the dash tower where it is easy to access.