Kohler command ch23 ignition

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The MDI doesn't require a power source. Just one lead that goes to ground to kill

donens2018

Threads
Try and run after disconnecting the kill wire from the mags/coils. Kill wires on Briggs and Kohler twins use a diode in the line to prevent feedback for the twins. Very easy to damage them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try and run after disconnecting the kill wire from the mags/coils. Kill wires on Briggs and Kohler twins use a diode in the line to prevent feedback
Kohler diodes are built into the modules not in the kill wire like Briggs. And the problem the OP is having is his system requires a 12 volt source to power the Spark Advance Module which is missing from his engine, therefore his current modules won't fire.

geelee

Threads
use 24 755 307-s coils and flywheel combo. about 140.00 bucks. no battery power needed. this is a complete ign kit to replace old sam system. as per parts bulletin 265

Last edited:

Jackson Ellis

Forum Newbie
Threads
ended up getting the aftermarket modules, but ran into a problem. This engine is no longer being used on a lawnmower so it doesn't sit at one rpm and run just fine. Of course it can do that now, but I want it to be able to rev. So I'm assuming that the SAM modules that work with the old coils is a "Spark advance module" I understand you can't buy these new anymore, but if I could get my hands on one would it enable my engine to be able to rev up as right now it will idle fine and rev up slowly but anything fast it will shut right off. Basically i'm asking if i can source one of these SAM modules and use the old style coils will the engine work for my go kart that needs to jump rpm quickly.

geelee

Threads
the 24 755 307-s ignition system I listed has mdi coils with built in spark advance. no sam needed

Jackson Ellis

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads