Kohler ch735 walker stator

Oaky1

Forum Newbie
Threads
My walker not charging but stator says it's putting out 51 volts when I thought it should only be around 28 or higher

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let see my old math teacher would say 51 vac is higher than 28 vac but there is a new rule that makes 51 less than 28.

Oaky1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let see my old math teacher would say 51 vac is higher than 28 vac but there is a new rule that makes 51 less than 28.
Lol I don't do new math but thanks I just thought almost 2X minimum was a bit high. But hey it's only a $125 voltage regulator so im putting it on

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your spares man will be very happy with you doing that because he needs the money from that and the next one you will buy
If the stator really is putting out 51V AC that will fry it in no time flat
Being that it is a Walker & the alternator is buried 25 pulleys deep I might hazard a guess that the blower housing has not been pulled off every season and the flywheel not blown out .
Usually they go under voltage but you really need to see why you are getting 51 V AC

Oaky1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your spares man will be very happy with you doing that because he needs the money from that and the next one you will buy
If the stator really is putting out 51V AC that will fry it in no time flat
Being that it is a Walker & the alternator is buried 25 pulleys deep I might hazard a guess that the blower housing has not been pulled off every season and the flywheel not blown out .
Usually they go under voltage but you really need to see why you are getting 51 V AC
I think volts are to high and will get up with my walker dealer thx. You are right about not taking covers off it has 1100 hrs and will probably just pull the motor change all seals and gaskets clean it up its too hard in the chassie thx for input