kohler ch25 (AND OTHERS) BREATHER REED

tmar04

Threads
this is a general kohler question. does anyone know where the breather reed valve is located, and how to service/replace on kohler ch25s engine? I suspect it is located under the metal shroud/baffle plate located near the carb. how exactly do u access this item? what all has to be removed? tks to all who respond. I need some help.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why????

What is the trouble??

tmar04

Threads
Why????

What is the trouble??
Using oil. Fouling one plug. Blowing oil up dipstick tube. I just replaced head gasket on ' bad' side. Didn't change anything. Old head gasket looked ok, but since already off, put new one on. I suspect breather reef defective. I just want someone to point me to it. Tks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
its where you think it is, under the cover between the cylinders in the valley.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
this is a general kohler question. does anyone know where the breather reed valve is located, and how to service/replace on kohler ch25s engine? I suspect it is located under the metal shroud/baffle plate located near the carb. how exactly do u access this item? what all has to be removed? tks to all who respond. I need some help.

Sorry, just am a skeptic.....Why would this "breather problem" only be on one side????????

You need to step back and save some money.....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Might have got the wrong side.......

tmar04

Threads
Stranger things have happened. Just thought it would be worth a shot compared to engine rebuild or replacement.surely it cannot cost too much for a small item like that. We'll see.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Naw, just step back and start from the beginning!!!!

MBDiagMan

Threads
I agree that with the problem only being in one cylinder, the breather might not be the problem, but I learned a LONG time ago to thoroughly check the simple things before doing more drastic surgery. Terry is looking at tearing the engine apart. It is most certainly worth checking the breather first. It would be a shame to do some major disassembly, only to find a gunked up breather system was the cause of the problem all along.

Larry

tmar04

Threads
I agree that with the problem only being in one cylinder, the breather might not be the problem, but I learned a LONG time ago to thoroughly check the simple things before doing more drastic surgery. Terry is looking at tearing the engine apart. It is most certainly worth checking the breather first. It would be a shame to do some major disassembly, only to find a gunked up breather system was the cause of the problem all along.

Larry

Thank you, sir. By the way, address is Terry Martin, 300 Donald lane , Eastman , Ga 31023 for package.