Kobalt Battery Mower Safety Key

Born2Mow

Threads
Hi, i have the same problem. it seems that if you lose the safety key the whole mower is wasted and might as well throw it away.
That's exactly what they're hoping !

mitchmor

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do I bypass the safety key or make one. Can't even buy it from Kobalt.
Safety Key is item GG, part number 31119155. $12 plus tax and shipping. Kobalt Replacement Parts, 1-888-356-2258

athenken

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do I bypass the safety key or make one. Can't even buy it from Kobalt.
Figured it out. If yours is like mine where the key has two blades that slide into a couple slots to make a connection, I just took three little pieces of 18 gauge solid wire and made jumpers. Mower fired right up.

Barbsee

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's exactly what they're hoping !
I bought a key for the Ryobi and cut off the casing around the plug and it works great. I found them on Walmart app.

JerT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got the 40v kobalt mower on clearance, it was an open box display, and it didn’t have the safety key. Didn’t know it was suppose to since my other mower didn’t need one. I searched and couldn’t find a key so I called kobalt. They’re sending me one for free. I got the price and part number just incase I ever need to get another one. It’s part # 53393-311051479, & they’re $10. Looks like that part number pulls up a safety key for Greenworks that may work, it’s $15. But can just call 1-800-3kobalt & order one from them like I did. Hope this helps someone.