Kobalt Battery Mower Safety Key

Elmer120

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do I bypass the safety key or make one. Can't even buy it from Kobalt.

Elmer120

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exactly. Thank You Darryl. I guess I should be able to make one.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Exactly. Thank You Darryl. I guess I should be able to make one.
I think you'll find that there is a general reluctance by forum member to advise people how to defeat safety features on equipment.

Honestly I expected to be able to do an internet search and quickly find the safety key available. I was wrong. I found them for other mowers but not yours. Seems strange for such a key part (no pun intended) to be unavailable.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Elmer, what is the model number of your Kobalt mower. Most of these battery operated mower,trimmers,blowers are made by a third party that is responsible for all parts and service. Kobalt most likely doesn't make it, service it, or warranty it.

bronson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, i have the same problem. it seems that if you lose the safety key the whole mower is wasted and might as well throw it away.

dougand3

Threads
Seems criminal that you can't buy this part. Is it a transponder that communicates with a PCM, like in newer cars?

Ljackson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found the source for the safety key. Call 1-855-854-3057 this Greenworks Tools Canada Inc and you can order a replacement safety key.

iangannon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Elmer
How do I bypass the safety key or make one. Can't even buy it from Kobalt.
Were you able to bypass this somehow? I've tried calling the number above and only ever been able to sit on hold for hours on hold before being disconnected