Kill Switch

NCMau

Threads
I have an old style small lawnmower frame that I want to use because it is rigid and suits my purpose.
I just bought a replacement 5-1/2 hp vertical engine from HarborFreight. I got it mounted and works fine. Being an older frame, I have no provisions for a stop cable, nor that I want install one. But I do want to put a kill switch.
What would be my best course of action, eliminate the stop mechanism by locking it to 徹N? eliminating the spring action, and/or go to the ignition coil and install a ground wire for a kill switch?
I have not gone into the engine yet. I suppose they should be similar to any other older engine, or not?
The manual parts breakdown doesn稚 really show what I want to know. I would love to hear some suggestions.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just a simple (install a ground wire for a kill switch?) The last one I installed I used a two pole spring loaded toggle switch.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
徹N?

it would help if we knew what the above meant. Maybe a mod could change the aribic admin's word back to englesh.

NCMau

Threads
徹N?

it would help if we knew what the above meant. Maybe a mod could change the aribic admin's word back to englesh.

Believe me it was not my doing. It must have happened in cyber space. The Arabic script means the Stop Function is no longer available.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've seen people rig up a universal throttle cable to the "dead man switch" full throttle is off slow throttle is run :)

Note this will not give you throttle control of the engine.

NCMau

Threads
I've seen people rig up a universal throttle cable to the "dead man switch" full throttle is off slow throttle is run :)

Note this will not give you throttle control of the engine.

I just took the cover off and it is a piece of cake to install a kill switch. I removed the brake spring, tied the brake lever so that it does not contact the drum and connected a wire to the ignition coil for the external kill switch. In this engine everything is exposed and I did not have to take the flywheel off.