Keyless start

NCMau

Threads
Just received a refurbished Craftsman from a Sears outlet 24 hp, model 20403 GT. It is a keyless start and the operation is not covered in the manual I got, which is last year's edition. How do I start it? Does it have to be setup? This keyless function is really stupid. I will go through my papers and talk to somebody at Sears but If someone can give an idea, I would appreciated.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Never came across anything like that. It just seems to me if you bought it from Sears the very lease they could do is tell you how to start it. I would bring it back and ask for my money back if it didn't start. Unless they sold it to you with this understanding, as is. If that is the case you might have to rewire it. Also you might find out something from the manufacture whoever made it for Sears.

NCMau

Threads
Never came across anything like that. It just seems to me if you bought it from Sears the very lease they could do is tell you how to start it. I would bring it back and ask for my money back if it didn't start. Unless they sold it to you with this understanding, as is. If that is the case you might have to rewire it. Also you might find out something from the manufacture whoever made it for Sears.

Yes, I will talk to Sears shortly. I may be jumping the gun at this moment. The GT was delivered by an out of state truck and they did not anything about it. This keyless operation just got me wrong way. I will post what I'll find out.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go to You Tube and it shows the Craftsman keyless Complete Start system with a phone number to call with any questions.

NCMau

Threads
Go to You Tube and it shows the Craftsman keyless Complete Start system with a phone number to call with any questions.

Well I went to Sears and they showed me how to do it. Actually is pretty simple but without know it, it would be hard to guess. You press two buttons first, then three others sequentially. I still prefer the standard key. With the button, it's one more thing that can go wrong. Thanks for the reply.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Who knows maybe it will be something that will catch on and other company's will use it? Just think anybody can start your mower and take off with it. no key needed