Keeping top of deck clean

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad to help.. It is a great tool to make life easier imo. If you get one I think you will be well pleased with it. (y)

We use newer ones for the Harleys & vehicles.

Ken22

Threads
Glad to help.. It is a great tool to make life easier imo. If you get one I think you will be well pleased with it. (y)

We use newer ones for the Harleys & vehicles.
I take the roof off my Jeep in April and have to wash the dust off near every time I take it out of the shed. Should save some time there.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would say so, the mrs has one for inside house dusting. She won't let me touch it.. LOL

Ken22

Threads
I wonder how many decks never get cleaned. I know of a few around here.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder how many decks never get cleaned. I know of a few around here.

Yep, I know of some around here as well. My Toro is nearing 6 years old & I feel it still looks almost new.

Neighbor just got a base Toro Z, one year ago & it looks like it was pulled from a field somewhere.

I was taught early on take care of your stuff & it'll take care of you.

Ken22

Threads
I cringe every time I go past a dealer and see all the mowers sitting in the sun and rain. I sat on a wet seat for two days after I picked up my mower last July.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya. Guess I was lucky, My Dealer kept mine inside when they were checking on warranty valve adjustment.

cruzenmike

Threads
Any riding mower deck that is not pitched properly has the potential to throw clippings out from the front edge and back onto the top of the deck. Be sure to check the rake of the deck so that the back of the deck is 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch higher than the front of the deck. This is done by measuring the front edge of the blade to the back edge of the blade when they are running parallel with the wheels. as for the grass on top I have never owned a mower that didn't get grass on top. After each mowing I would simply use my blower attachment on my Ryobi string trimmer to blow off the top and all was good.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any riding mower deck that is not pitched properly has the potential to throw clippings out from the front edge and back onto the top of the deck. Be sure to check the rake of the deck so that the back of the deck is 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch higher than the front of the deck. This is done by measuring the front edge of the blade to the back edge of the blade when they are running parallel with the wheels. as for the grass on top I have never owned a mower that didn't get grass on top. After each mowing I would simply use my blower attachment on my Ryobi string trimmer to blow off the top and all was good.

I would add to make sure the tires are aired up to spec prior to any deck adjustments on a level surface.

keakar

Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH22V42 from about 2010. It seems like I spend more time cleaning the top of the deck than I do mowing. Is this normal? Is there any solution to this? Or have other brands of mower perhaps solved the problem of heavy debris buildup on top of the deck? Thanks and regards, Woody
not really, just use leaf blower to blow it out before saving the mower each time.

dont use a hose, that just makes a big damn wet mess that traps moisture to cause rust

the circulation of the belts and pulleys creates a swirling of air that sucks in all the flying grass to settle under there, you cant stop it