Kawaski fb460v

bebuzz66

Threads
I have a kawa FB460V out of a john deere and on the table. i don't get any spark. is there any other wiring i need to getspark but the coil, i took the stater out, just for on the bench. the flywheel key is alright. just no fire. i can't find any manuals on it just a parts manual.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi bebuzz66,
I just did a google search for fb460v and the 2nd link was a 72 page service manual in pdf and downloadable. but you need both this manual and the tractor manual with a wiring diagram as the machine has several safety circuits that will cause both a no cranking and or no spark condition when not correctly positioned or malfunctioning.
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

bebuzz66

Threads
I hooked up the ignighter and now i have spark. it trys to start but won't. goin to try to clean carb.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hooked up the ignighter and now i have spark. it trys to start but won't. goin to try to clean carb.

Spray a little carb cleaner, WD40, starter fluid or gasoline into the carb to see if it tries to start... :smile:KennyV

bebuzz66

Threads
tried that it still won't start, hold the choke closed, runs for about a second, thats all.

bebuzz66

Threads
hooked the statter backup and it will run with fluid. so iam sure its a fuel problem.
thanks for all your help.

mowitall.cl

Threads
Do you have electronic fuel shut of solenoid on bottom of carb if so make sure its working correctly by taking it out and hooking 12v and make sure its working in and out without sticking its job is to **** fuel off and if not working correctly it will let no fuel in