Kawasaki or B&S

wbw

Threads
Quick question: Are Kawasaki motors generally preferred over the B&S motors? My guess would be yes. Your thoughts.

Thanks.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Quick question: Are Kawasaki motors generally preferred over the B&S motors? My guess would be yes. Your thoughts.

Thanks.

For commercial use yes they are. They will run longer way better than a B&S. They don't overheat as much.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks.

IMO the kawasaki engine is much more reliable, and powerful than the b&s. Unless you are talking about the vanguard. Great engine, but it too is Japanese made.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I still have not found anything to justify the extra cost. I have had good luck with briggs.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only thing I find over the two engines on the repair end of it, that parts are a lot more expensive to repair a Kawasaki.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Homeowner here. Mad Mackie caused me to pull up the Briggs commercial site with a wide choice of engine sizes. Briggs boasts 100 changes to the commercial ac engines, and does list a lot of them. I notice an oil cooler on one (no fan), supposed to run "25%" cooler. On the Craftsman site it "looks" like the flagship garden tractor has a commercial engine (corrections, please) for $3100. But the "lower" end Briggs look the same. Although Briggs says 25 changes have been made they do not list them, so I assume it is business as usual. Still think uncontrolled heat is the achilles heel on the big box stuff. After 10 years with the dyt 4000 Intek I believe it would not have come apart with chute mowing, but it did with the 3 bagger system full of damp grass. The rig DOES NOT LIKE THE WEIGHT LOAD, as seen on the oil temp gauge.

These ac engines are not rocket science and no reason Briggs cannot do as well a Kaw. Kaw probably does have an edge with their motorcycle engine technology, but, as noted my local Husq dealer did tell me some commercial Kaws push valve guides like my Briggs , so go figure. IMHO