Kawasaki FX730V 26.0

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
After valve adjustment compression didn't change. However I am using a compression tester that I have had for about 50 yrs and haven't used in about 30 yrs, when I retested the other side that had been at 100psi I now get about 80 on that side also.

Do you think that one plug the BPR4ES on the right in picture looks too Lean?
A gauge that old, might need a new o-ring.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Plug on the right. Center section looks good. Main jet looks rich at outer ring. Guessing BPR4?
Plug on left. Cold, looking pretty rough with deposits. BPR6?

jhm757

Forum Newbie
Threads
Motor back together after adjusting valves both sides. All valves were .010 to .012 adjusted to .004, also pulled carburator and checked seemed to be all clean and good, reinstalled with new gaskets. Before this problem started I had ran both tanks to almost empty and then it took almost a full 10 gallons of 91 octane non-ethanol to fill both tanks, so I added a little dry gas and seafoam to both tanks. Also changed fuel filter. When I first started the engine it sputtered a little at first but then smoothed out nicely and seemed to be running very well at full throttle, but when you engage the PTO it runs rough again but then seems to smooth out but definitely bogs under load, it will mow but bogs in heavy grass or on even slight hills. I was only able to mow for about 15 minutes as it started to rain hard. Also after running that 15 minutes I pulled plugs, both BPR4ES now, the plug for left side looks good to me, the plug on the right side still looks kind of lean.

Any thoughts as to what I should do next?

Thanks for all the help!

Jim - jhm757

txmowman

Threads
Ignition coil. Disconnect the ground wire from the coils and then pull one plug wire. If engine still runs, replace that coil. If it quits, its the other.

jhm757

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found coils on Amazon, 2 for $35, should have them tomorrow and then will just replace them both.

txmowman

Threads
They are likely not OE parts. Good luck with them.

jhm757

Forum Newbie
Threads
They are likely not OE parts. Good luck with them.
No not OE, but reviews of them are good and the price is right. I got a coil for my stihl chainsaw from Amazon, cost was about 1/4th cost of Stihl, been running it for years, no problems.

jhm757

Forum Newbie
Threads
Received coils from Amazon installed them both, mower running great again!!!
Thanks for all the help!
Jim - jhm757