Kawasaki FX1000E

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ahh now I find that engine model but not the spec number. I had sneaky idea that the FXT00V was the actual model number.

The DS specs I see here are twin barrel carburated engines.

For that spec you may need go to the OEM of equipment it is on for the IPL.

Other that I can't anything as far as specs or even service data on that engine.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure what’s up. Motor says FX1000v. Here is the numbers off my tag
Code FXT00V-DS22-R
E/NO FXT00VA78859
You have the FX1000V 35hp carbureted engine on your mower.
The website evidently has a mistake.
I would rather have the carbureted engine.

bmassey

Threads
Y’all still think it’ll be a good motor. Just bought the Spartan SRT XD with this motor

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Y’all still think it’ll be a good motor. Just bought the Spartan SRT XD with this motor
I think it’s a good engine. Kawasaki makes good reliable engines. Your carbureted version will give you fewer problems. Follow the engine manufacturers oil recommendations and oil change intervals. Do all other maintenance as required.

txmowman

Threads
There is:
FXT00V (carbureted)
FXT00V DFI (Nikki digital fuel injected, discontinued)
FXT00V EFI (Synerject electronic fuel injected, current)
All three engines are a beast. Although the discontinued DFI model is very temper mental.
All are marketed under the FX1000V name. There is no FX1000E.
The DS22-R:
D is the spec revision. All engines start out with A, then when the spec is revised, be it a part number change, product improvent, emission change, etc., the spec rev's to the next letter. (A,B,C,D, etc.)
The S22 is the actual spec. This designates the OEM the engine is built for, Spartan in this case, and also the bill of materials that go into the engine.
The -R, is the packaging code. The -R represents returnable rack. The engines are shipped to OEM's on a "rack" containing 4 engines. When the engines are consumed, the rack is returned to Kawasaki for more engines. Similar to the rack that the mower itself is shipped on.
When an engine packaging ends in "-S", this means "single pack". One engine in one cardboard box. These are primarily* replacement engines. Replacement engines are bought and sold through authorized Kawasaki Engine dealers.
*some smaller OEM's or lower volume OPE models may use single pack engines, opposed to having their own spec.

bmassey

Threads
There is:
FXT00V (carbureted)
All three engines are a beast. Although the discontinued DFI model is very temper mental.
The DS22-R:
D is the spec revision. All engines start out with A, then when the spec is revised, be it a part number change, product improvent, emission change, etc., the spec rev's to the next letter. (A,B,C,D, etc.)
The S22 is the actual spec. This designates the OEM the engine is built for, Spartan in this case, and also the bill of materials that go into the engine.
The -R, is the packaging code. The -R represents returnable rack. The engines are shipped to OEM's on a "rack" containing 4 engines. When the engines are consumed, the rack is returned to Kawasaki for more engines. Similar to the rack that the mower itself is shipped on.
When an engine packaging ends in "-S", this means "single pack". One engine in one cardboard box. These are primarily* replacement engines. Replacement engines are bought and sold through authorized Kawasaki Engine dealers.
*some smaller OEM's or lower volume OPE models may use single pack engines, opposed to having their own spec.
Thank you for this information.

bmassey

Threads
Ok. After taking in all the info from everyone and making a few phone calls, I do believe this is a 35hp motor that has maybe different jetting or different carb to make it a 38.5hp. I spoke to a local shop, not one that is a Kawasaki dealer, and gave them the numbers off the motor and I was told they could not get parts for the engine, because their system didn’t show the numbers that match my engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is:
FXT00V (carbureted)
The DS22-R:
Thanks,
Always wondered what the coding system was .

bmassey

Threads
Ok, new report. The motor is the 35hp. The dealer tried to make it out like it was the 38.5, but not EFI. I didn’t get as good of a deal as I thought I did, but I recon I still got a new mower with a good motor

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
It could be Spartan buys the engines like Deere with no warranty thus the reason nothing can be found in the Kawasaki parts lookup