Kawasaki FS541V Oil Burning Question

mattymax

Threads
The engine does pulsate when your go to high rev.

Purchase date is 8-13-11.
I bought it in Feb 2013, off season.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it sat all that time with fuel in it, then it needs a dose of Sea Foam fuel additive. This engine had a 24 month warranty and it just passed by on the 13th!!!!
I recommend 30 Kawi engine oil, give it a dose of Sea Foam in the fuel tank, if it is surging at high RPM then it probably has a fuel problem in the carb from sitting. Run it and get back to us!!
My equipment is stored in my cargo trailer and if I go thru a slow period of lawn mowing of as short as three weeks, the fuel in the carbs can start to turn sour and need a dose of Sea Foam. I also use Star Brite fuel additive and a carbon softening additive when mixing fuel for my 2 stroke equipment.
Mad Mackie in CT

mattymax

Threads
Probably wouldn't have mattered considering most warrantees aren't transferable between two owners.

Sea foam safe ?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably wouldn't have mattered considering most warrantees aren't transferable between two owners.

Sea foam safe ?

Been using Sea Foam fuel/oil additive for 5 years, just don't mix it stronger than the initial dose recommendations on the can. As I previously mentioned, I also use StarBrite fuel additive which is for a different purpose and sometimes I forget to use it when I'm busy and running my machines on long days, then I have to use Sea Foam to clean up the fuel system again if the machines sit for a while. StarBrite is an enzyme additive that reduces the negative effects of ethanol in the gasoline and prolongs storage life.
When you encounter a surging engine either at idle or full throttle, slowly pull in some choke to see if the added fuel clears up the surging. If it does, then use Sea Foam and usually the problem will clear up.
Mad Mackie in CT

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need to make a correction!! StarTron is the enzyme fuel additive that reduces phase separation in the ethanol gasoline and prolongs storage life of the fuel. It is made by Star Brite.
Both StarTron and Sea Foam are sold at auto parts stores. Sea Foam is also sold at Walmart stores.