Kawasaki FR651V will turn over but will not start

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
i was looking for answers not sarcasm, yes it is opening it is also new, i really don't need all the !!!!!!!!!!! and the caps is insulting like your hollering.
You have to be patient with some of us on here. We read the same thing ALL the time. New this new that.... New means jack cheese.

Was this a new ebay carb - made in China?

Do you have 12VDC on the carb solenoid wire with key on? I snip the plunger tip off, never have to worry about this again.

Larger font size (capital letters) is not hollering. You heard that tale way back in the pre internet days from coders that stare at screens all day. Today, larger font is for OLD PEOPLE LIKE ME. Once you crack 40 you will understand.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
40 ? You are still a youngster, try 60 +

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Larger font size (capital letters) is not hollering. You heard that tale way back in the pre internet days from coders that stare at screens all day. Today, larger font is for OLD PEOPLE LIKE ME. Once you crack 40 you will understand.
Yes it is screaming
Increase the display size on your computer screen
So get a really big screen and reduce the resolution of the screen till everything is a size you can read easily
Font size is realtive to the screen resolution.
It is only absolute when the page is printed
so an 10pt font on a 20" screen set to 640 x 480 will display about 1/2 tall
The same font on the same size screen set to 2400 x 1800 will display as a strait line

AUJKW

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a Exmark Quest with a Kawasaki FR 651V engine, i was mowing and it just stopped. since trouble shooting i have done the following :

good clean gas--check
clean fuel lines --check
checked seat switch--check
checked compression and spark plugs--check
replaced carb--Check, installed new one same problem.
the mower will run off of carb cleaner as long as you keep spraying it in the carb.
any suggestions on where to look next? i read on one thread that someone else had this problem, what did you do to fix the issue.
Bobby 63,
I have an Australian built Greenfield ride on mower fitted with a Kawasaki FR651V engine that ran well for 3 years then started playing up. The engine would operate for 30 minutes, then 'splutter' to stop ! After a minute or so it would restart.
I replaced the 2 coils, then the carby jet to one suitable to operate above 3,500 foot elevation for the high country in my home state. The fuel lines were then replaced, all at the suggestion of the original dealer.
Still the problem persisted.
I then noticed the L shaped fuel pump vacuum pipe, part No. 92192, was loose at the engine, so I replaced this with fuel hose, and bingo, it has not missed a beat since then. A simple fix, but difficult to diagnose. When the engine was hot, the part expanded to reduce the vacuum required for the fuel pump to operate correctly, thereby starving the engine of fuel
I hope this fixes your problem engine.

John

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have been nearly visual blind most of my 62+ years. Increasing the Font here doesn't help much either. Even my vision improving to -325 which is a lot better than when it was at its worst of -650 I still have 12 inches from the screen to see things clearly. Now if I use my glasses and wear a second pair of +125 readers over my regular glasses then things are clear. Just can't the eye doctor to make a pair that works for using the computer. I have destroy several frames the last year due putting down the glasses and then not able to find them until I crush them. Just got a new set of frames last week.

And simple things are the harder to find sometimes. Intermittent problems are even harder to find as you got to caught at the moment it is giving the problem.

Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR651V will turn over but will not start
i have a Exmark Quest with a Kawasaki FR 651V engine, i was mowing and it just stopped. since trouble shooting i have done the following :

good clean gas--check
clean fuel lines --check
checked seat switch--check
checked compression and spark plugs--check
replaced carb--Check, installed new one same problem.
the mower will run off of carb cleaner as long as you keep spraying it in the carb.
any suggestions on where to look next? i read on one thread that someone else had this problem, what did you do to fix the issue.
need a engine got one 150buck in michigan!;)