Kawasaki FH661V Oil Pressure

txmowman

Threads
it sure the heck will if the engine is overheating
If the engine is overheating, one has bigger problems than a low oil light coming on. Please educate me as to how a low oil light would be a temperature issue. Thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
New oil pressure switch, regardless of brand, doesn't mean it works like a new switch.

Yes overheats can thin some oil. Bet the top engine shroud has never been off. Valves never been looked at. Cooling fins neglected for sure.
Please educate me as to how a low oil light would be a temperature issue. Thanks
He didn't mean it like you wrote it down. Slow down, take a breath and reread this entire post.

txmowman

Threads
New oil pressure switch, regardless of brand, doesn't mean it works like a new switch.

Yes overheats can thin some oil. Bet the top engine shroud has never been off. Valves never been looked at. Cooling fins neglected for sure.

He didn't mean it like you wrote it down. Slow down, take a breath and reread this entire post.
"New oil pressure switch, regardless of brand, doesn't mean it works like a new switch." WHAT? That makes zero sense.
Sure heat can have an affect on viscosity, but that is not the issue here. Do you think that is what makes oil pressure?
Top shroud? Valve maintenance? Yes, these are all potential issues in and of themselves, but don't affect oil pressure. Are you an actual tech?

fixit1ddh

Threads
I know on some of them cockie engines they now recommend 20w50 engine oil.