Kawasaki fc420v es10 ignition module

Soucan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys. I recently swapped a Kawasaki fc420v es10 es10 off a JD rider and installed on a walk behind. My question is, the newly installed engine does not have an ignition module, despite starting in 3 pulls. Realizing there was no force upon the engine ( belts or transmission), does this engine need an ignition module to properly run? Thanks much.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi guys. I recently swapped a Kawasaki fc420v es10 es10 off a JD rider and installed on a walk behind. My question is, the newly installed engine does not have an ignition module, despite starting in 3 pulls. Realizing there was no force upon the engine ( belts or transmission), does this engine need an ignition module to properly run? Thanks much.

It has a coil and a trigger. They sometimes call the coil a module or I have heard the timing trigger called a module. Yes it need both of them to run. The coil is mounted under the flywheel cover and the trigger is mounted out side on the block. John Deere installed this timing trigger/module in their ignition switch on some of their models.

Soucan

Forum Newbie
Threads
It has a coil and a trigger. They sometimes call the coil a module or I have heard the timing trigger called a module. Yes it need both of them to run. The coil is mounted under the flywheel cover and the trigger is mounted out side on the block. John Deere installed this timing trigger/module in their ignition switch on some of their models.
Thanks much Reynoldston. The trigger is connected to the white kill wire?