Kawasaki 27 v twin - low engine oil pressure!! Code 2-7

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Kawasaki 27 v twin - low engine oil pressure!! Code 2-7
Okay went to local JD dealer service department Friday morning. The manager had no idea just showed me the same info in the service manual. Kawasaki never responded. I actually working a second Kawasaki so I check it. The pressure regulator spring is also sitting below the surface so it must be normal as no oil pressure was reported with the FD620D. But good thing I check as I need the steel ball as it was trying to rust from the water in the oil.

txmowman

Threads
  • / Kawasaki 27 v twin - low engine oil pressure!! Code 2-7
I am last to this post and I hope the issue is resolved. The oil pressure relief spring is not under pressure when i stalled or engine not running. The service manual shows a free length spec on the spring, so only if it somehow became permanently compressed or broke, would it cause low oil pressure. This would be rare. Oil pressure is made, of course, by the clearance of the crank and rod bearings. Engine could have wear that is affecting oil pressure. The post about the FX850V being a minimum of 43psi isn't exactly worded correctly from Kawasaki. This would be a minimum of the normal "working" oil pressure. As stated correctly by another post, the switch doesn't detect until 14psi or less. Not sure if Deere uses a Kawasaki provided switch or their own.