Kawasaki 27 v twin - low engine oil pressure!! Code 2-7

Rip Kahuna

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kawasaki 27 v twin - low engine oil pressure!! Code 2-7
Need help! New to forum and hoping someone can guide me
In right direction. I have a John Deere 950R ztrak with Kawasaki 27hp v-twin. I started getting engine code 2-7 low engine pressure. So I quickly shut down when it started to sputter. So I decide to get a new oil sensor sender. while installing new sensor, I overtightened and broke casing. Buddies tried jb welding it. No luck. So I bought the new bottom part of engine, swapped out. And still getting code. Put pressure guage on and had pressure. What can be done to fix this problem? And get this code off and running again. Al see o could it be the computer that read sensors is bad. No sure but need fixed asap. Thanks

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just because you measured oil pressure doesn't mean it is staying above 15 psi [sensor trip point] when the engine's oil is hot. Normal minimum oil pressure for the Kawasaki FX850V is 43 psi. So you to measure the pressure when the engine is hot.

I currently working on a similar problem with an engine with 3000+ hrs. All the measurements at right at the reject dimensions. Plus I notice the pressure regulator spring has no pressure on it and the Gerotor [oil pump] has wear marks. So in my case I figuring all the wear is adding up cause the oil pressure drop. I also thinking the free length measurement in the service manual is wrong for the spring as should some pressure on the steel ball when installed. Either that or seat for the ball is heavily worn.

I got to get in the order in today for about $400 in parts from my Kawasaki distributor but I am working two engines right now. A FD620D-AV50 and FX850-BS13 and both have major problems.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also the oil pressure relief steel ball and seat may not be sealing correctly on the new cover plate (oil pan). Some require lightly tapping the steel ball with a suitable object to form a good seat.

From service manual.>1653997511651.png

Rip Kahuna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks you very much, I'm relaying the info to my friend. And ill let you know. Mine has 2100 hours
Also the oil pressure relief steel ball and seat may not be sealing correctly on the new cover plate (oil pan). Some require lightly tapping the steel ball with a suitable object to form a good seat.

From service manual.>View attachment 60712

Rip Kahuna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks you very much, I'm relaying the info to my friend. And ill let you know. Mine has 2100 hours
Hey quick question. Have the spring and in hand from old oil pump. My question is. Does the spring sit level with the pan while in the slot? Just wondering if my spring is not good allowing it to work right. .thx for your input.

Rip Kahuna

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I put the spring and ball in the new pump it is sitting about 1/8 lower from top

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hey quick question. Have the spring and in hand from old oil pump. My question is. Does the spring sit level with the pan while in the slot? Just wondering if my spring is not good allowing it to work right. .thx for your input.
That is the same question I have for the local JD repair shop. Call this morning and they were to call me but I haven't heard from them yet. I need to know this too. I thinking it should at least be level or slightly higher in my thinking but a Kawasaki tech that works on these daily can help both of us.

Last edited:

Rip Kahuna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I just info request to Kawasaki engine support. I'll get back when finding answer

Rip Kahuna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any word?? I have the new spring coming in tomorrow so I should know by putting it into the pan

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I haven't heard from either of the two sources. [JD or Kawasaki] I will personally yank the JD tech chain sometime in the morning as I got to go by see I can get some other JD parts locally.

Please keep up to date as I am working a similar problem and need to know if I need to order the cover plate here.