K66 fluid change cost

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Contacted TuffTorq to see what I needed (exactly) to change the oil and filter. They replied the filter is NOT a servicable item and all I needed was drain plug seals and fluid. In the mean time, on a real hot day, the mower refused to go up a hill with the blades engaged and made a grinding noise, but was fine when not under the stain of mowing. I'm hoping changing the oil does the trick but the seals are on back-order.
If the mower won’t go up a hill and is making a grinding noise, it is doubtful changing the oil will help with transaxle.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Contacted TuffTorq to see what I needed (exactly) to change the oil and filter. They replied the filter is NOT a servicable item and all I needed was drain plug seals and fluid. In the mean time, on a real hot day, the mower refused to go up a hill with the blades engaged and made a grinding noise, but was fine when not under the stain of mowing. I'm hoping changing the oil does the trick but the seals are on back-order.
Just plain BS about the filter as if it was not a replaceable item they would not be selling it through the part channel. It just that they consider most owner too inept at doing mechanical work.

Even removing is easy compared to removing the engine on Toro TX427 Dingo. Now that is something I probably am going to take a pass on here. Looks like a all day job just to get it out but it is the only to replace the cylinder head. NO room the get to shroud off as you got to remove the flywheel side output shaft. On top most of the hydraulics has to be removed before even being able to lift the engine out.

And as said once they start cavitation they are usually at the end of their life without complete rebuild.

Oldaarpy

Threads
"Filter is not servicable because it is strongly recommend by Tuff Torq that you do not crack the case". I didn't realize a K66 was considered disposable.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
"Filter is not servicable because it is strongly recommend by Tuff Torq that you do not crack the case". I didn't realize a K66 was considered disposable.
There is two versions on this unit one came an internal filter that requires the case to open and one that does not.

And I wonder why they have these internal parts available. Yes the unit is non serviceable by the avg Joe but but shops like mine do service them. These unit does a very clean area to service them along the unit being very clean externally.
1724951884016.png1724951964315.png

Oldaarpy

Threads
I gave TuffTorq the unit number and it sounds like it has the internal filter. Took the deck off today hoping to find vegitation causing the trouble buy no luck there. there's no leaks in any part of the tranny that I can see so I guess that's a small plus. Any idea (ball park) of the cost of a total rebuild?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not able to quote labor costs on your end but the overhaul kit run about $500 with oil. This does not include any additional parts that might need replacing.

It is basically the center section, the two pump motors, and seal kit with filter along with 3 liters of 5w50 synthetic oil.

Note this is for the unit with the internal filter. The one with the easily replaced filter cost about $30 more.

Oldaarpy

Threads
Thanks for that info. They get $100 per hr around here. If the oil change doesn't work I'll pull the tranny and head for the dealer.

Oldaarpy

Threads
I started tearing this monster apart. Deck is off, seat is off, steering wheel off, all bolts are off and all ready to take the 'body' off if I can figure how to work around the lift spring. The body is loose but the lift lever is in the way. What post(s) am I looking for on here, just 'lift spring removal' under Husqvarna? TKS

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I started tearing this monster apart. Deck is off, seat is off, steering wheel off, all bolts are off and all ready to take the 'body' off if I can figure how to work around the lift spring. The body is loose but the lift lever is in the way. What post(s) am I looking for on here, just 'lift spring removal' under Husqvarna? TKS
You are removing the mower from the transaxle, rather than removing the transaxle from the mower. Once you get the body off, you still have to remove the transaxle. Maybe you should stop right there, and think this whole thing through again.

Oldaarpy

Threads
My thought was remove the body, remove the gas tank which would expose the top of the tranny where the fill plugs are. I wasn't going to remove the transaxle until I found out wether changing the oil worked or not. The tranny is fine other than going up a steep hill under FULL load running the blades. It goes up fine with NO load and cuts great on level ground. So I was hoping the oil change would work. Being retired on limited income finding the money to have a rebuild would be tough. Thanks for all your help.