JS63 need engine control cable

nbpt100

Threads
I have a JD JS63. The engine control cable needs to be replaced. It is very expensive for what it is. I know this mower is made by Husqvarna/AYP. Is there a x reference resource to find a possible AYP number. Or is there an aftermarket option for this part? The part in question is gc00036.

D

Deleted member 97405

My list price shows it at $45.58. Not sure it's worth all the trouble to save maybe $10 by outsourcing? Just my $0.02.

upupandaway

Threads
I can say the cub CC989 used that deck. I had a Sears copy of this mower also. I'll do some digging through my pics. Hope this gets u closer to a fix.

nbpt100

Threads
My list price shows it at $45.58. Not sure it's worth all the trouble to save maybe $10 by outsourcing? Just my $0.02.
I know what you mean. 90% of the time I have a good experience with aftermarket cables. I say to my self it is just a cable. But I have been burned with AF parts that do not fit. That is my local dealer price and is the effective price on eBay etc. Usually you can find something well under MSRP on one of the internet sources. I was thinking if I can find the alternate part number I would get the same exact thing at a better price. Wether it is HOP, Sear etc.

To UPup and away: I did find a P/N on the cable. it looks like an old AYP number. 441781. I can not find anything relevent when I google on it or put it in to ebay and the usual suspects.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look up "control cable makers"
Good chance there is one near by
take your broken one to them and ask them to fix it
I get cables done like this regularly , never more than $ 20 Aus and some of the cables he has done for me are over $ 80 retail

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That number is listed as an operator manual under the AYP/HUsqvarna SKUs and is NLA.
1668205521694.png
And this the only SKU listed in my entire database other than a tool with the number within the PN.
1668205675984.png

nbpt100

Threads
Look up "control cable makers"
Good chance there is one near by
take your broken one to them and ask them to fix it
I get cables done like this regularly , never more than $ 20 Aus and some of the cables he has done for me are over $ 80 retail
thanks good idea.

D

Deleted member 97405

I understand the point, and I’m all about saving money, but I also weigh the time versus reward as well. Good luck!

nbpt100

Threads
I understand the point, and I’m all about saving money, but I also weigh the time versus reward as well. Good luck!
That is exactly what I do. So after a brief search and found no other practical alternatives, I bought from my dealer. When I first took this on I thought someone would know an alternate part number but apparently no. As UPUpand away said this Deck has been used on other brands. I recall working on a 20 yr old C'man with the same deck. I know HOP is not the best will keeping spare parts available. They are Not like MTD. I do not have much experience with JD but I am learning they seem so protective of their spare parts business. However, I easily found aftermarket parts for considerable savings for the other cables on this mower but not the one I needed. Part of the process is learning. If you do not learn from your experiences you are not working smart.