John Deere Scotts / Sabre 2554HV Wiring Diagram Needed and or Technical Service Manual

Threads
  • / John Deere Scotts / Sabre 2554HV Wiring Diagram Needed and or Technical Service Manual
I need a Wiring Diagram and or Technical Service Manual for a John Deere Scotts / Sabre 2554HV.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / John Deere Scotts / Sabre 2554HV Wiring Diagram Needed and or Technical Service Manual
Available from John Deere as a hard copy ( expensive ) or digital down load .\About the same price as 1 hour of a technicians time ( or 15 min if they are a JD dealer )

Gumby83

Threads
Try one of these sites -

manualsonline.com

manualslib.com

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You won't find it on either of them just like you won't find Stihl service manuals or Honda service manuals on either of them.
The JD technical manuals are written better than a lot of text books for training apprentence mechanics and as previously mentioned , cost less than 1 hour of a mechanics time .
If people don't buy them then JD will stop making them and the public will have no access to service information.
The cost of producing manuals of this quality far exceeds the income they would produce so they are a loss making exercise right from the start.
In a pervious life I wrote technical manuals, not for lawnmowers, on a contract basis .
Most of them never covered my fee alone let alone photo studio time , printing , bookbinding & distribution

Gumby83

Threads
You won't find it on either of them just like you won't find Stihl service manuals or Honda service manuals on either of them.
The JD technical manuals are written better than a lot of text books for training apprentence mechanics and as previously mentioned , cost less than 1 hour of a mechanics time .
If people don't buy them then JD will stop making them and the public will have no access to service information.
The cost of producing manuals of this quality far exceeds the income they would produce so they are a loss making exercise right from the start.
In a pervious life I wrote technical manuals, not for lawnmowers, on a contract basis .
Most of them never covered my fee alone let alone photo studio time , printing , bookbinding & distribution

I’m only bringing this up as a point of discussion, not because I’m trying to start a debate or argument.

I work in the automotive field, and by federal law, automotive service information has to be available to independent repair shops. The law doesn’t state what manufacturers can charge for it, just that it has to be available - that’s why online sources like Identifix, All Data, and Mitchell/Pro Demand are in business.

That said, I don’t know if that same law applies to agricultural/implement manufacturers like JD, but even if it doesn’t, no manufacturer could stop producing service information. Whether it’s a printed manual or electronic, manufacturers still have to provide service info to their own techs and shops, otherwise they’d never be able to build new products because their techs wouldn’t have necessary info to repair them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A digital copy of the TM1841CD is available for a little as $15.00 if you know where to look. My source has them from $15 to $34 but I can't publicly publish site's address so you guys are on your own. Otherwise JD has it for $91.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m only bringing this up as a point of discussion, not because I’m trying to start a debate or argument.

I work in the automotive field, and by federal law, automotive service information has to be available to independent repair shops. The law doesn’t state what manufacturers can charge for it, just that it has to be available - that’s why online sources like Identifix, All Data, and Mitchell/Pro Demand are in business.

That said, I don’t know if that same law applies to agricultural/implement manufacturers like JD, but even if it doesn’t, no manufacturer could stop producing service information. Whether it’s a printed manual or electronic, manufacturers still have to provide service info to their own techs and shops, otherwise they’d never be able to build new products because their techs wouldn’t have necessary info to repair them.

Debate is good
Arguement is acceptable
Slagging matches are pointless .

The sites you listed are good sources for owners manuals & parts manuals but they do not have JD Technical manuals which is what the OP was looking for .

People tend to thing that written word should always be available for free and if I buy any book I have some sort of a right to reproduce it and sell it for my own personel gain .
THis is thieft just the same as if I jumped your fence and ran off with your mower .

It costs a small fortune to make a good quality technical manual, even in the digital age a manual of the calibre of the JD manuals represents well over 2000 hours of work .
If people want to have supplies of good quality technical material available then they should avoid buying stolen property and get them from the owner .
If more people did this then the price might even drop.

The automotive subscription sites that you use , like libraries pay the owners royalties each & every time someone accesses the information or a flat fee & I have no quarms about technicians who use them because the techs pay a subscription fee and some of this comes back to the originator.

But there is a big difference between "providing service information such that a suitably qualified or trained person can carry out servicing & repairs "
and writing a manual such that a person who does not know which end of a screwdriver to hold can undertake complicated repairs which is what the JD manuals do .
A technican knows that to get a reading on a starting solenoid, the brake must be on , the blades must be off & after a quick look at a circuit diagram weather the seat switch must be open or closed so all a tech needs to know is "the trigger voltage must be between 10 V & 14 V " which in most cases is supplied in the form of a table.