John Deere L110 - Shuts down when in reverse cutting

Rpknodel

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere L110 2006- having a problem with the engine shutting down when I try to cut in reverse. This model has a button that you depress when you want to cut in reverse. It has worked for years. I have bypassed the seat kill switch with a clamp to keep it engaged and that has worked for many years. It wouldn't stay in the seat pocket anymore, so I needed to pull it out and bypass it. Even in doing that, the reverse cut has worked correctly. Note: The engine will keep working when driving in reverse if the blades are NOT engaged.
This just started recently, and I am unsure what may be wrong. Any suggestions?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thinking the by-passed switch may have went bad.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First suggestion is you forget you are an American and actually buy the JD Technical manual for your mower which for most of them is less than 1 hour of a technicians charge out rate .
Your problem is either the switch or the relay the switch controls that bypasses to cut out circuit

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1663122457934.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First suggestion is you forget you are an American and actually buy the JD Technical manual for your mower which for most of them is less than 1 hour of a technicians charge out rate .
Your problem is either the switch or the relay the switch controls that bypasses to cut out circuit

D

Deleted member 97405

SO, if I'm understanding you correctly, you can no longer press the yellow bypass button to mow in reverse? My first suspicion is that the yellow button may have gone bad internally. What I would do is locate the switch under the tractor that contacts the pedal linkage, move it away from the linkage so it doesnt know you went in reverse. Never have to mess with that yellow button again. I only suggest this because you already have bypassed your seat switch, so I'm thinking you'll have no issue with making the reverse system defunct. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 97405

SO, if I'm understanding you correctly, you can no longer press the yellow bypass button to mow in reverse? My first suspicion is that the yellow button may have gone bad internally. What I would do is locate the switch under the tractor that contacts the pedal linkage, move it away from the linkage so it doesnt know you went in reverse. This is a primitive system. That switch on the pedal linkage is the only way the system knows you went into reverse. Don't cut wires, just move the switch. Some systems have a relay in this circuit and we dont want to energize it all the time by twisting wires together. Just move the switch. Never have to mess with that yellow button again. I only suggest this because you already have bypassed your seat switch, so I'm thinking you'll have no issue with making the reverse system defunct. Good luck.