john deere jx75 drains fuel between moving

SamD

Threads
Doesn't the JX75 use a fuel cutoff switch like the 14 series Deere mowers (14SB, etc)? If so, try cutting off the fuel flow to the carb after mowing.

apoc330

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have found out a couple of things, Waldron did make carbs for this engine so it is stock. I went ahead and replaced it since after talking to my father in-law that gave me the mower said he had never had it serviced

I put the new carb on and tested for leaks and so far no fuel leaks after sitting for a week. I did a thorough cleaning before changing the carb. I put fresh gas and it started right up and ran well, just letting it idle.

now the problem is when I start it up it starts running first pull but when up move it off the choke it starts surging and I can see the choke going back and forth. Not sure what would cause that, any suggestions???

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Shouldn't be the choke moving, should be the governor arm moving the throttle.
surging is lean running, usually a fuel blockage, or leaking intake gasket.

apoc330

Forum Newbie
Threads
Shouldn't be the choke moving, should be the governor arm moving the throttle.
surging is lean running, usually a fuel blockage, or leaking intake gasket.
You’re right governor arm. I’ve ordered some gaskets because one of them looked a little worn so hopefully that will get it back running smooth. Thanks for the help Scrubcadet10.

apoc330

Forum Newbie
Threads
just wanted to give an update. It was a bad gasket causing the issues, it was torn and partially blocking the inlet so I put new gaskets and it now runs like a new mower!!! Thanks for all of the help everyone gave it is much appreciated.

BrianSki

Threads
Thanks for the update. Most of the time you are left wondering what happened.