John Deere battery discharged after a week

thamajik1

Threads
John Deere la100 battery discharges after a week of sitting in the garage. replace battery it did the same thing so there's a short somewhere. Charging system works it's just that when I store it in between cuts it discharges. So I've disconnected the battery after use but I would sure loved to find out what the problem is someone said it may be a diode or something in the charging system but something is draining the battery. Any help

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
We're going to need the model number of the tractor and engine model and type numbers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the diodes in the rectifier fail then they can pass power into the alternator when it is not rotating which in effect tuns the alternator into a very low power electric motor

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The best way to put an amp meter in the battery lead and see what the drain amount is and disconnect the engine's voltage regulator. If the drain goes away it is the regulator if not then the hunt continue by unplug other items until it drop to zero drain.

And this mower having a Briggs it not even have a voltage regulator as it could have a dual stator. But according to JD IPL it does voltage regulator and a Tri circuit stator.

Last edited: