Repairs john deere 320

I got my second wind and I removed the radiator and plastic fan and shroud. I had my son hold a breaker bar on the top of the engine while I went under it to break the pto bolt loose. No luck with that. My question is the pto bolt left handed thread?
 
Sorry if this is a duplicate post. Im didnt see that my first post went or not.

I removed the radiator and plastic shroud and fan. I had my son with a breaker bar hold the top nut while I crawled under to break the pto nut loose. No luck with that. My question, is thw pto nut left handed thread?
 
Sorry, don't know what you mean by PTO bolt?? If you mean flywheel bolt, it is a right handed bolt, loosen counterclockwise. They are on tight, I use an impact wrench.
 
By pto I mean the pto electric clutch. I have to remove the clutch in order to remove the front axle. Do you know if the electric pto clutch is left handed thread?
 
Right hand. Again impact wrench. This would be a first, having to remove PTO, to get the front axle off. Normally all I have to do is take off the tie rods and the bolt through the center on the axle. Guess that's what I learned new today.
 
an impact would be nice to break the bolt loose. I probably could have avoided removing the radiator and plastics. I'll give it another go tomorrow. I will be replacing many parts so is there a place you would suggest to get parts. The parts im talking about are drive belt, valve cover gaskets, probably some electric charging system part. That is what my list is so far. The other parts are dealer itemsonly. Those will include front lift kit, and front axle bushings.
 
Thank you rivet for the help. My son and i was able to get the deere fixed and ready for the winter. I think the only thing left for the deere is to purchase wheel weights.
 
I'm glad you got it fixed! :thumbsup:
Good job! :smile:

I know this is an old thread, but I just joined hoping to find the electrical diagram for the safety system on the 320. The engine manual will be very helpful going forward, Thank you! but my problem now is no spark. it will crank but without spark. I'm pretty sure it's one of the safety feature switches. I am about to disconnect the grounds to the coils to confirm coils are not bad.

I guess I should check the low oil shut down too?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help.

John,DSCN0498.jpg
 
hello. i decided to install new bushings in the front axle of my JD 320 a couple of weeks ago. the PTO clutch does have to come out in order to get the center pin out. i now have a lot less slack in the front end. i'm now debating on changing the "plastic cam shaft". the engine rolled over 1,000 hours last sunday.
 
Back
Top