John deer gx75 no start

Jakob27724

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyhow, on the ignition system, it depends on the 'age" of your engine. I believe that model uses a FC290V (if you can get the complete engine model # that will be very helpful, FC290V_ _ _ _)
Most consist of your Ignition Coil (sometimes called a magneto) View attachment 55558
Flywheel which has the magnet to produce the current and of course the spark plug.
Now, most FC290's also have an Igniter, View attachment 55559
Which is basically takes the place of points, and usually when they stop working, you have no spark at all (From my experience).

So since you've tried spraying in the fuel in the plug hole and you've got good spark, i think the next step is to remove the blower housing and check the flywheel key.
this video gives a good "general info" on the flywheel key.
you can see it's sheared in the video... now if the key is good it will make a perfect square in

Jakob27724

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyhow, on the ignition system, it depends on the 'age" of your engine. I believe that model uses a FC290V (if you can get the complete engine model # that will be very helpful, FC290V_ _ _ _)
Most consist of your Ignition Coil (sometimes called a magneto) View attachment 55558
Flywheel which has the magnet to produce the current and of course the spark plug.
Now, most FC290's also have an Igniter, View attachment 55559
Which is basically takes the place of points, and usually when they stop working, you have no spark at all (From my experience).

So since you've tried spraying in the fuel in the plug hole and you've got good spark, i think the next step is to remove the blower housing and check the flywheel key.
this video gives a good "general info" on the flywheel key.
you can see it's sheared in the video... now if the key is good it will make a perfect square in the slot.
Yes that is the right engine and I just ordered a carb because it was a little vanished but the main jet was clear and I ordered the igniter, along with a spark plug and air filter

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Alrighty. try those before you follow my advice on the flywheel key.

Hitechluddite

Threads
I don't know of any mowers that will turn over if the safety circuits are not properly engaged. I would replace the plug first. they are cheap and a new one never hurts.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Okay. Probably so.
And did you use a spark tester, or did you ground the plug to the engine block? Plug could be bad.
The main thing in ignition timing is the flywheel key it aligns the flywheel to the crank.
The point of this question unanswered is the plug may be your cause

100 td

Threads
99% its dirty coil& flywheel contacts-remove coil=clean contacts on both with emery cloth-contact settings are thickness of a buisness card-then clean spark arrestor screen on muffler if not done--always the first checks-let me know if it works
100% it's not, he has stated it has great spark!