JD ZTR Surge and die

kajnjim

Threads
You said your wife does most of the mowing. Congrats on that. Anywhoo, I was wondering is she a petite gal at 92lbs or a healthy girl? Wondering if she is lifting out of the seat causing the seat switch to open up killing the coil/s? Hitting bumps......

Next thought was check all safety switches and wiring. Clean/polish all connections and goop some dielectric grease where possible. Play around with the switch plungers and a multi-meter. Barely push in numerous times then give it the full gundy several times. Go to the next switch. Could be a bad wire too. Old mower, might be time to rewire all the switches.
First off…I will not answer the first question just in case she ever comes across this thread. 🤣🤣. Definitely not the issue though. I have the seat switch bypassed. Anything else besides cutoff wire at coils and carb?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
First off…I will not answer the first question just in case she ever comes across this thread. 🤣🤣. Definitely not the issue though. I have the seat switch bypassed. Anything else besides cutoff wire at coils and carb?
Remove the coil cut off wire. Go mow. Should run the tank dry as long as the coils don't get hot and cause a spark issue.

You still need to check all the safety switches and wiring. Unless you find out something from the above comment.