JD X330 with 2Bag Material Collection System: need more efficiency!

Stangl

Threads
  • / JD X330 with 2Bag Material Collection System: need more efficiency!
Hey Will, This does help. This a new unit and it frustrates me because I had the same issues with a 1999 LT 166 and 48c.
I tried multiple adjustments and even added the Baffle Kit; all to no avail. I seem to have a different number set:
Blades: AUC10853 2 blades for a 42" cutting deck/ which can with the addition of the bagger. Bagger OMUC28146 Issue:HO
I'll check this out with my JD dealer.
Thanks,
Russ
The issue here is airflow. The factory bags will handle grass no problem, but the more you use them, the more the holes in the bag weaving get clogged. It's not noticeable when bagging grass usually, but can make bagging leaves a challenge because the leaves are so light. So, Deere has 'loose weave' bags to help with this issue. Essentially, with the loose weave bags, the thrust of air that the blades are creating can escape faster, thus increasing your 'suction' power for the leaves. See picture below. Also, make sure that the bagging blades GX25668 were installed when the dealer installed the bagger. I've had situations where they forgot to change the blades. The bagging blades have a higher lift which creates more air flow. Hope this helps!

View attachment 62477

Stangl

Threads
Hey Will: any comment about the number differences from previous email? The Loose Weave bags AM135486 and AM135485 seem to meet on my research. My JDX330 /42" deck has a 2 bag system.
Will both work? The 485 includes the X330 in its fit list; the 486 does not. This lack of pick-up occurred on the first cut with a new machine and bagging system. The bags may already be loose weave but cannot seem to find part number. Please advise. Russ

D

Deleted member 97405

Sorry for the delay. My notifications never work lol. See part differences below:

1665693640034.png
1665693678639.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wash all the grease out of those bearings. Mower washes are not recommended.

Blowers, paint brushes and compressed air are.

Turtle Wax on the deck doesn't hurt either.

Stangl

Threads
Sorry for the delay. My notifications never work lol. See part differences below:

View attachment 62497
View attachment 62498
Will: my Material Collection system is a Powerflow, therefore,the part # is Am135485. I looked at the bags today and they seem to be of the Loose Weave type. Russ Stangl Oops, after looking at your attachments I see that they actually medium density. Thanks for the great help. Will get a set shortly

Last edited:

Stangl

Threads

View attachment 62497
View attachment 62498
Will: my Material Collection system is a Powerflow, therefore,the part # is Am135485. I looked at the bags today and they seem to be of the Loose Weave type. Russ Stangl
Will: my Material Collection system is a Powerflow, therefore,the part # is Am135485. I looked at the bags today and they seem to be of the Loose Weave type. Russ Stangl Oops, after looking at your attachments I see that they actually medium density. Thanks for the great help. Will get a set shortly

D

Deleted member 97405

You're welcome. I assumed you had the standard 42" mower deck, but you have the optional 48" mower deck. My bad. I missed that. The loose weave bags will definitely make a difference, but if they don't totally fix the issue, I would get the deflector kit below.
1665795282078.png

Stangl

Threads
You're welcome. I assumed you had the standard 42" mower deck, but you have the optional 48" mower deck. My bad. I missed that. The loose weave bags will definitely make a difference, but if they don't totally fix the issue, I would get the deflector kit below.
View attachment 62504
G'day Will, Actually I have the X330 with 42" ACCEL DEEP deck. The POWER FLOW system is without the blower. It really does a good job filling the bags; the frustration is the leaves and grass being blown out the front and piling up on the deck surface. I will get the loose weave bags as soon as I can and get the deflector kit if necessary. Once again, thanks!
Russ Stangl

D

Deleted member 97405

G'day Will, Actually I have the X330 with 42" ACCEL DEEP deck. The POWER FLOW system is without the blower. It really does a good job filling the bags; the frustration is the leaves and grass being blown out the front and piling up on the deck surface. I will get the loose weave bags as soon as I can and get the deflector kit if necessary. Once again, thanks!
Russ Stangl
You're welcome. And for future reference, the PowerFlow is Deere's brand name for the blower unit. What you have is just a traditional bagger system, which consists of a chute and hopper. If you tell a dealer you have a powerflow system, they are going to assume you have the blower. Just FYI to avoid confusion for you in the future.

Stangl

Threads
You're welcome. And for future reference, the PowerFlow is Deere's brand name for the blower unit. What you have is just a traditional bagger system, which consists of a chute and hopper. If you tell a dealer you have a powerflow system, they are going to assume you have the blower. Just FYI to avoid confusion for you in the future.
Will, The appropriate bag seems to be out of stock in some on line stores. Also USA JD dealers are not allowed to send product to Canada. The US prices put the price, per bag, at around $60.00 USD,
while the Canadian JD dealers are charging $200.00 CAD per bag. When I get this settled I will let you know the results. Cheers!
Russ