JD X330 with 2Bag Material Collection System: need more efficiency!

Stangl

Threads
  • / JD X330 with 2Bag Material Collection System: need more efficiency!
Currently bagging leaves; first pass is somewhat okay. As I continue,the blowout from under the deck is substantial
The first and subsequent passes look as though nothing was done. Need multiple passes to clear the leaves to about 70% efficiency.
Please advise.

D

Deleted member 97405

The issue here is airflow. The factory bags will handle grass no problem, but the more you use them, the more the holes in the bag weaving get clogged. It's not noticeable when bagging grass usually, but can make bagging leaves a challenge because the leaves are so light. So, Deere has 'loose weave' bags to help with this issue. Essentially, with the loose weave bags, the thrust of air that the blades are creating can escape faster, thus increasing your 'suction' power for the leaves. See picture below. Also, make sure that the bagging blades GX25668 were installed when the dealer installed the bagger. I've had situations where they forgot to change the blades. The bagging blades have a higher lift which creates more air flow. Hope this helps!

1665493342427.png

Keljan11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could it also be not working too well because the deck underneath is clogged up? Our mower has problems filling the baggers with cuttings when the mower deck hasn't been cleaned underneath

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
A couple times a year I pressure wash our bag outside inwards to open up the holes in the weave that have been plugged, and make sure it drains out away from the mower. That helps a lot. As the bag fills remember that the surface area for it to blow out is reduced in many bag types, and this reduces lift. You may just need to empty it into a composting pile or bin more often as you pick up leaves.

Stangl

Threads
Hey Will, This does help. This a new unit and it frustrates me because I had the same issues with a 1999 LT 166 and 48c.
I tried multiple adjustments and even added the Baffle Kit; all to no avail. I seem to have a different number set:
Blades: AUC10853 2 blades for a 42" cutting deck/ which can with the addition of the bagger. Bagger OMUC28146 Issue:HO
I'll check this out with my JD dealer.
Thanks,
Russ

Stangl

Threads
Could it also be not working too well because the deck underneath is clogged up? Our mower has problems filling the baggers with cuttings when the mower deck hasn't been cleaned underneath
Thanks for the help. Had an older JD ; this probably would have helped. Stangl

Stangl

Threads
A couple times a year I pressure wash our bag outside inwards to open up the holes in the weave that have been plugged, and make sure it drains out away from the mower. That helps a lot. As the bag fills remember that the surface area for it to blow out is reduced in many bag types, and this reduces lift. You may just need to empty it into a composting pile or bin more often as you pick up leaves.
I will definitely do this; we live in a sandy soil area and our mower sucks up a lot of sand. It is a new unit and I hesitate to add the optional Baffle Unit. Experience tells me they do not work. Stangl

Keljan11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help. Had an older JD ; this probably would have helped. Stangl
I made a water sprayer out of 1/2" pvc pipe I drilled some small holes in, that I just drive over, stop the mower, engage the mower, drop the deck as low as it will go and let it run for about 45 seconds. Comes out clean as a whistle , and picks up really well the next time I mow.

D

Deleted member 97405

I made a water sprayer out of 1/2" pvc pipe I drilled some small holes in, that I just drive over, stop the mower, engage the mower, drop the deck as low as it will go and let it run for about 45 seconds. Comes out clean as a whistle , and picks up really well the next time I mow.
I would caution using water on your mower right after mowing. Hot bearing getting hit with cold water creates condensation in the bearing housing, which will end up making you have to replace the bearings more often. Let the machine fully cool down then hit it with water.

Keljan11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would caution using water on your mower right after mowing. Hot bearing getting hit with cold water creates condensation in the bearing housing, which will end up making you have to replace the bearings more often. Let the machine fully cool down then hit it
I would caution using water on your mower right after mowing. Hot bearing getting hit with cold water creates condensation in the bearing housing, which will end up making you have to replace the bearings more often. Let the machine fully cool down then hit it with water.
Hi Will1988,
The area where I take the mower to wash it out, after dumping the bagger, is quite a ways from my lawn. Then there is the time it takes to find a free hose to hook up to the sprayer, the deck is pretty much cooled down. Have done this for a couple of years with no real problems so far, (but not saying it won't in the future).