JD X324 mower deck belt question

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having worked on more JD units I have found that they are the worst at excepting non-OEM belts. Most guys who come to this forum have no way to lookup the belt specs, OEM or aftermarket, and just rely on what the counter guy tells them. On top of that most counter guys are there to sell parts and trying to find a cross reference is way to much work for most of them. Now think about the guy who types in the descriptions for Fleabay and Amazon, Star I know you know what I’m talking about.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What you speak is true, except for the brainwashing bit. I will agree to disagree on that terminology. But the OP probably doesn't want to get into all that heavy detail when hunting for a belt for his mower deck. I'm not going to play who know more than who. Just go OEM and rock on or take your chances on a subpar part.
That's why I recommended the Stens belt as it is not sub par. It is just like here to hear the local dealer parts counter salesman that their carriage bolts are special but as you see below I buy them for $0.5452 ea all day. Same plating and grade. Only one problem JD Parts has the wrong size listed in their IPL as the ones used on the LX172 I am working on are M10-1.50 x 45 so I having to re-order. My fault for trusting the website; should measured them myself before ordering.

1666037276670.png
I can actually get the 45mm for only $0.4908 ea.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You two are talking cross terms .
Generic belts are exactly what Will said they were
and OEM Spec belts should be identical to the original belt specs .
I have not really had any problem with OEM spec belts that I buy from Rotary , Oregon, Prime Line or Stens
However the lines of standard belts from Stens or the Pix ones I get from my other wholesaler are only good for transmissions & have failed when used on decks