JD L100

ogurad

Forum Newbie
I was cutting grass last weekend and all of a sudden the mower started a clanking noise and white exhaust. I turned the mower off and checked for oil leaks. I found none on the engine, but the tube from the oil inlet to the fuel pump was leaking oil. As I understand it, the tube provides pressure to operate the mechanical fuel pump. I checked the oil inlet and made sure it was pushed into the oil reservoir completely (it has an o ring to seal it). I checked the oil and it was smoking slightly and was a little low. About a month ago I had a new carburator put on. Why would oil be going into the fuel pump? Any suggestions? Thank you.
 
It sure doesn't sound good. It looks like you have a lot of crankcase pressure. The reason for this would be something is wrong with the piston or rings? Which would also be the reason for the white smoke.
 
You might also want to check the crankcase vent. If this gets plugged it will cause too much pressure in the crankcase. Hope it's not the head gasket.
 
Back
Top