JD for $100

jakesmurray

Threads
It is on my local craigslist, it says runs but needs electrical work. I am pretty electrically handy. From the picture, it looks in good condition.
What do you guys think?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is on my local craigslist, it says runs but needs electrical work. I am pretty electrically handy. From the picture, it looks in good condition.
What do you guys think?

I would get it.
You can always fix a wire or two.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

jakesmurray

Threads
I would get it.
You can always fix a wire or two.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

I figured I would if they haven't sold it yet.
I already have a good Craftsman rider, but it never hurts to have a utility tractor around to tow trailers, etc

metz12

Threads
for a 100 bucks it would be worth to put money into the thing. i would definitely jump on that deal.

jakesmurray

Threads
I looked up this mower on tractordata.com and it has a 30" deck and only a 9 hp Kawasaki...
That is tiny! My question is, what is the purpose of a lawn tractor of this size? You might as well just use a push mower...

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Your asking a simple question it for a homeowner how has a small gate and yard :thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
I looked up this mower on tractordata.com and it has a 30" deck and only a 9 hp Kawasaki...
That is tiny! My question is, what is the purpose of a lawn tractor of this size? You might as well just use a push mower...

its a rear engine rider? but that is no big deal. anything above 12.5hp in a lawn tractor is overkill. even though i like my 20hp chraftsman:tongue: but still, would you rather mow a lawn sitting down that is about a half acre or push mow a lawn thats a half acre. its an easy question to answer. also the old lawn tractors came with smaller engines such as 9hp engines.

jakesmurray

Threads
I guess i thought it was weird because I have never seen a tractor style mower with that small of engine and deck.
Usually mowers with this size of engine and deck are small rear engine types.
Thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

jakesmurray

Threads
its a rear engine rider? but that is no big deal. anything above 12.5hp in a lawn tractor is overkill. even though i like my 20hp chraftsman:tongue: but still, would you rather mow a lawn sitting down that is about a half acre or push mow a lawn thats a half acre. its an easy question to answer. also the old lawn tractors came with smaller engines such as 9hp engines.

Yes I like my 20 hp Craftsman too! :biggrin:
I think this little JD will be good as a utility tractor around the property...

metz12

Threads
Yes I like my 20 hp Craftsman too! :biggrin:
I think this little JD will be good as a utility tractor around the property...

it should be. that is what i use my craftsman for. i have pulled some pretty big trees out of the woods with my craftsman, and i have plowed some big snow with the thing too. i love it. having those extra horses is great.