sidecarwillie
Forum Newbie
my temperature light comes on after about 45 minutes of mowing. I just got the mower with 1060 hours on it. i changed oil using Rotella 15/40. the antifreeze looks OK but i haven't checked the potency. Any suggestions?
You should also blow out your radiator if you have not already done do. I'm not familiar with them (Yanmar) but my old Kubota tractor basically had a wimpy radiator. It has a screen on the intake side that needs to be cleaned regularly or it will overheat, even with fresh coolant. I clean the screen after every use and blow the radiator out regularly depending on conditions. The tractor is about 40 years old and still runs pretty good. I think the radiator is undersized although if clean it works just fine.
Once you checked all that I suspect you might want to look into the thermostat and/or the water pump.
let us know what you find. best of luck!
http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/manuals/TM1591.pdf
see troubleshooting guide page 220-10-4, G overheating
http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/manuals/CTM3.pdf