JD 2305 tractor

senorking

Forum Newbie
I have fuel probs, site glass gets full, runs for 10 minutes then no fuel put in a new filter, same thing??? any insight??? Tank and lines are clean as a whistle and when site glass is full lots of diesel to the injectors and runs great!
 
Last edited:
I have fuel probs, site glass gets full, runs for 10 minutes then no fuel put in a new filter, same thing??? any insight??? Tank and lines are clean as a whistle and when site glass is full lots of diesel to the injectors and runs great!


Try loosening the fuel cap and see if it runs longer. Might be a blocked vent in the fuel cap.
 
That sounds like the lift pump is not getting deisel to the injector pump.
Quick & dirty test is to rig up a tank higher than the injector pump.
If the sight glass stays fairly well full and the engine runs well then the lift pump is the culprit which I think is inside the tank .
 
Back
Top