It's Offical. Briggs files Chapter 11.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is what works for you.
I have no inventory system as such but everything has a place so I sort o use the impress system with no stock cards.
The only thing I keep on file is belts and that is because I just can not remember all of the buggers.
There is around 400 hiding downstairs.
Airfilters are by brand Briggs - Honda - Kohler - kawasak i- Loncin - Ducar - Tecumseh
And I draw the shape on the outside of the box so without remembering the numberI can grab an open top Honda filter or a short cylinder Briggs etc.
Bearings, in bins 6200's in one box 6300 in another 6400 in the third then a box for the rest most come from a bearing shop, bought by the full box, usually 24
Another box for spindles, one of each popular size & 4 x long Husqvarna star .
Next to them complete spindle assemblies, again one or two of each common type that I can get wholesale.
Pulleys live in 2 drawers of an old tool chest several of each size plus a set of press tools so I can swap the bushes without bearing damage
Nothing better than swapping the bush from a dead $ 50 pulley into a $ 10 one and making a very healthy mark up for 3 minutes on the press.
The Oil filtesr sit in their bulk box on it's side with a couple of flaps cut into the bottom of one side so they become dispensers.
All of the chainsaw stuff, including breaker , Spinner & grinder sit in a mobile rack made from scrap Dexion pallet racking
a desk lamp on the grinder end & a magnafying lamp on the spinner end
Some racking makes a bay for walk behinds with all of their parts surrounding them .
Starter rope sits on a length of dowel rod on some shelf brackets on the wall where they never see sunlight.
The tools needed, are in a box or tied to the rail right there so it is never more than a 5 minute job.
Standard fee $ 20 on machine & $ 15 off, regardless of what it is

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PO's, (purchase orders) isn't something I can see a point in. Having only a few places I get.my parts from, I let them keep all that info. As in stens, I can go back to the first of the year and see what I've bought and how much I've spent on it.

My inventory is on like 8 shelves, 10' long. Although, the blades are starting to weigh the one shelf down. So I'm in the process of building a blade tree.
There is no way I can remember where nearly 2000 different are locate with some system tracking where they are.

PO on my system just eliminates the need of having to hand enter every item into my system, also it a way of keeping tracking what is ordered, what is received, and what is still on back order. Most of inventory is in 18 gallon storage bins with each having multiple storage bin in each. This works as long as hasn't been had an imported supersede (which the automanager program doesn't transfer the bin location, pushing the programmer to see if this can be solved) from one of many price files that I update every couple months.

As far as cost of parts my system is set to keep records for ten years so I can go back several years without even having to go online as long the programmer don't screw things up.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is no way I can remember where nearly 2000 different are locate with some system tracking where they are.

PO on my system just eliminates the need of having to hand enter every item into my system, also it a way of keeping tracking what is ordered, what is received, and what is still on back order. Most of inventory is in 18 gallon storage bins with each having multiple storage bin in each. This works as long as hasn't been had an imported supersede (which the automanager program doesn't transfer the bin location, pushing the programmer to see if this can be solved) from one of many price files that I update every couple months.

As far as cost of parts my system is set to keep records for ten years so I can go back several years without even having to go online as long the programmer don't screw things up.

IIRC you posted a business program that you used. I downloaded it, but couldn't get through the sign up part of it. I misspelled my name or something and it wouldn't let me change it. And a couple of other issue.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IIRC you posted a business program that you used. I downloaded it, but couldn't get through the sign up part of it. I misspelled my name or something and it wouldn't let me change it. And a couple of other issue.
If that is the case and you haven't entered any of your business info such as invertory or other financials then uninstall it, re-install, and try again. But this time make you write down your user name and password. Although if you didn't delete initial user name and password they should still get you in (username = FIRST, PW = FIRST)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If that is the case and you haven't entered any of your business info such as invertory or other financials then uninstall it, re-install, and try again. But this time make you write down your user name and password. Although if you didn't delete initial user name and password they should still get you in (username = FIRST, PW = FIRST)

IIRC, I got the UN/PW and submitted something. I think I got a confirmation email. It's been so long, I can't remember a lot of the details about it. Just that I got frustrated because of my errors and not being able to correct them.
Gonna check to see if it's still on my computer. I may have already uninstalled it.