is3000z

pcclipper

Threads
I guess I am not explaining things right.There are two drive belts both are not broken and run on the same pulley`s and both are tight.I have noticed that the return lines coming into the hydro reservoir are not equal ( right side seems to have a greater volume of oil coming back in than the left) thinking possible problem with pump.

The lines to and from the reservoir sound normal. I supply and one return. The return should have a tee tying both return lines to one line that goes to reservoir.

pcclipper

Threads
I'm thinking you have a wheel motor problem. The left motor works in reverse but will it turn the mower when all is on the ground? If it turns the mower when the mower is on the ground, the pump is probably working ok. The wheel motor works in reverse but not forward, which to me would mean a bad wheel motor. Replace or rebuild.

RRconductor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took the pump apart and found that the valve plate and barrel assembly(holds the pistons) were worn smooth with grooves in the plate.Ordered new parts from Hydro-Gear,will put it back together when parts arrive,will keep you guy`s posted.Parts cost $130.00 with shipping compared to $400.00 plus for a new pump.