is3000z

RRconductor

Forum Newbie
Threads
New here and hoping I can get some help with the problem I am having with my IS3000Z.My problem is when I push my left handle forward the mower does not move,when I pull it back the mower turns left and backs up.The right side works as it should forward and reverse.There are no leaks anywhere.I have not changed hydro oil and filter either since I have owned it (140 hours on it now).Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Allen

gregjo1948

Threads
I think the left handle should turn the machine to the right. The left handle powers the left wheel. gregjo1948

RRconductor

Forum Newbie
Threads
The left handle does turn the mower along with the right handle but when pushed forward along with the right it should go forward but the left seems to do nothing when handle is pushed forward but will back up when both handles are in the reverse position.When I have the mower jacked up with wheels off the ground the left wheel turns in both directions,but when lowered to ground it will not turn forward when left handle is pushed forward.Could the drive belt be the culprit?

Last edited:

gregjo1948

Threads
There should be an adjustment to equalize the wheel speed for each drive wheel. These adjustments are needed to keep the machine driving straight without having to constantly working the steering levers.Your manual will explain how to adjust. gregjo1948

pcclipper

Threads
The left handle does turn the mower along with the right handle but when pushed forward along with the right it should go forward but the left seems to do nothing when handle is pushed forward but will back up when both handles are in the reverse position.When I have the mower jacked up with wheels off the ground the left wheel turns in both directions,but when lowered to ground it will not turn forward when left handle is pushed forward.Could the drive belt be the culprit?

If the belt is broken the wheel would not turn in either direction. If you pull the left control to the rear, with the right control in neutral , the left wheel should circle the right wheel counter clockwise. If that is so, the belt is not broken, but maybe loose. If belt tension is good then something else is wrong.

RRconductor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have checked the belts and adjusted the tension (the belt is not broken).The wheel turns in reverse when handle is pulled back and right handle in neutral.The wheel will turn forward when the handle is pushed forward and the right handle is in the neutral position when the mower wheels are off the ground,but when lowered to ground the left wheel will not move forward doing the same procedure.

pcclipper

Threads
Find the maker of the pump and motor, contact them to see if there is an adjustment somewhere. Maybe something simple, maybe not. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Let us know what you find.

gregjo1948

Threads
I think there is probably only one belt to run the hydro pumps and if the right side is is tight, then the left side should be tight. If the left side goes backwards as it shoud, then it is most likely out of adjustment. gregjo1948

RRconductor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I am not explaining things right.There are two drive belts both are not broken and run on the same pulley`s and both are tight.I have noticed that the return lines coming into the hydro reservoir are not equal ( right side seems to have a greater volume of oil coming back in than the left) thinking possible problem with pump.

pcclipper

Threads
Have you checked the valves that put the pump in free wheeling? Maybe the left one is loose.