Is it possible to remove a flywheel with just a crescent wrench?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Is it possible to remove a flywheel with just a crescent wrench?
Will just using a wrench as a pry bar work? That's what I have been doing. Does it need a lot of force to come off?
depends on how long the wrench is.... if it's a standard size wrench probably not... the flywheel may come of a little harder since the key is mangled in there.
you probably need something at least 18" long...

Beamster

Threads
Yeah I looked into it and that's what I'm going to do. I just didn't want to leave my house.
Don't have to leave the house. I think most of my tool purchases have been on-line for years. Besides, name brand sockets are hard to find at local stores.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It just amazes me that poeple will do anything to keep from even borrowing a tool from the local auto parts store but don't even have a second thought about buying those cancer sticks or booze.

The correct tool does make the job a lot easier.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It just amazes me that poeple will do anything to keep from even borrowing a tool from the local auto parts store but don't even have a second thought about buying those cancer sticks or booze.

The correct tool does make the job a lot easier.
Don't forget he probably has a $1200 cell phone.

slomo

beerslayer12

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can buy individual sockets. They're not that expensive.
thats true i am in auto repair and once in a while u just need that one time deal and many times i find an individual impact socket for like 8 bucks at napa beats driving around to other shops hoping for a loaner -time wise too !